Revision files missing after upgrade to OJS3

Hi
We recently upgraded from OJS 2.4.8 to 3.2.1 and we appear to have been caught by the issue discussed here: [OJS] Updating to OJS3 - revision files and initial copyedit files missing · Issue #2097 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
Some revision files are not visible in OJ3 although they are present on the file system, and the files which are visible are the “inappropriate” ones. I.e. reports which should have been uploaded as supplementary files instead of revisions.

The fix suggested in the issue above is an SQL change which needs to be applied to the upgrade script, but since we’ve already completed the upgrade it’s too late to apply the fix. asmecher suggests here [OJS] Updating to OJS3 - revision files and initial copyedit files missing · Issue #2097 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub in response to a suggested post-upgrade fix that it may be best to "leave already-performed upgrades as they are, though perhaps with some documentation here about resolutions ". I’m really hoping someone can provide such documentation :slight_smile: I don’t see anything mentioned in issue 2097, nor in Provide access to previous revisions of files in files grids · Issue #2130 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub which seems to have been created to track the fix.
Any suggestions for possible resolutions would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello, were you able to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Hello,
I’m afraid we did not learn of any resolutions. Fortunately for us, it ended up that this was only a concern for a couple of articles which were still in the editorial workflow. We ended up manually resubmitting the “missing” files.

Thank you for letting me know! It seems to be an issue for most of our files in copy editing, so that’s unfortunate. I appreciate your response!