Revised version of an article for published issue

Hello,

This may be a very elementary question (I hope so), but I need to upload a revised pdf article to the current issue of my journal. This doesn’t seem as easy as I had hoped. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to remove a current version of an article and replace it with the new version?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Hi @RobertCollis,

I presume you’re asking about OJS. What version are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually managed to solve the problem yesterday.

Best wishes,

Rob

Alec, OJS 3.1.2.1 I’m having the same problem. To compound it, the little blue arrow next to the Galley file, does not open to show the Edit File option.

Hi @tpre,

You should see something like this, once the blue arrow is opened:

The “Change File” link can be used to upload a revision.

If you’re seeing something different, can you describe it? Maybe you’re logged in as a different user than the editor?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I click on the arrow and it takes me to the top of the page – under Production.

I’ve cleared cache – one last thing is to reboot… Will try that next.

Hi @tpre,

It’s hard to guess, but I suspect you’re encountering some kind of Javascript error. Rebooting or otherwise flushing your browser cache may help, but if that doesn’t do it, then try checking your browser’s error console when you work with that page to see whether anything relevant appears.

Regards,
Alec Smecher