Review request subsequent mails not doing

Dear colleague,
i have a one problem, review request subsequent mail is not doing.
Setting - workflow - emails : every mails are enable
If i received repaired version of article and if i want to sent revisions back to reviewers, i create new review round,
i hit on ADD Reviewers,i select previous reviewers, but predefined mails not doing, only request review mail is active,
i attached print screen, only review request mail is there, and i need subsequent mail template,
i dont know what is happen
Thank you for answer

picture with mentioned error

Every mails i have enabled

Hi @Lukas_Hleba,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

this version

Hi @Lukas_Hleba,

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, but can you describe the problem in more detail? Are you expecting a template to show up in the drop-down list, or are you seeing an error in your log or browser, or is an email not being delivered, or something else?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,

And when the REVIEW REQUEST SUBSEQUENT shows in the email menus or dropdown menu when adding a reviewer, in one language (english), but not when other language is selected?

Thank you,
Best regards

Hi @digitojs,

Can you confirm whether your additional language has email text entered for that email in the email template list in setup?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This seems to be a bug. Please track this issue for a fix: choose e-mail template when selecting a reviewer · Issue #3106 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
Best,
Bozana

Hello @asmecher,

In Workflow → Emails the Review Request Subsequent email template is only presented in the list when the language is English. In this case, when looking at the email content, the title and the body of the email have text in both languages.

If I look the DB for table email_template_data, the emails of that type are all there for several languages and mainly all journals. In email_template_default_data, some languages are missing.

I hope this information helps you, I’ll be looking for the issue @bozana.

Thank you,
Best regards

Hello,

OJS3.0.2
I’ve followed the pointed issue, and tried some fixes, but the problem still persists. Can’t choose templates (body won’t change) and only work for english.

EDIT: It happens in the Locate a Reviewer, in the other options it works ok.

Thank you,
Best regards

Hi @digitojs

Did you apply these changes: pkp/pkp-lib#3106 add correct JS handler for the advancedSearchReviewe… by bozana · Pull Request #3116 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub ?

You have problems when you try to assign a reviewer, correct?

Could you watch/track the apache error log file and browser developer tools when you choose the e-mail template – if there are any errors – especially JavaScript errors in the browser develper tools console ?

Thanks!
Bozana

Hello @bozana,

Yes, I did apply those changes. And after that in Review → Round # → Add Reviewer I can choose different email templates and their body content changes too, but only in Create New Reviewer or Enroll Existing User.
In the, lets say, first menu that pops up for reviewer search, after selecting the reviewer, when changing email templates the body of them won’t change accordingly. Could it be in AddReviewerFormHandler.js?

Apache error log has no errors, and the only thing I notice in console is that when selecting reviewer, in the first pop up, the post $$$call$$$/grid/users/reviewer/reviewer-grid/fetch-template-body doesn’t happen.

Thank you,
Best Regards

Hello,

It´s working. Didn’t change anything, but all options are functional now.
Thank you!
Checking email templates listing in Workflow for other languages than english.

Best regards!

:clap: Phew… Happy to hear that! :slight_smile:

Hello,

If it could be of some help for others.
REVIEW_REQUEST_SUBSQUENT (and others) in Workflow → Emails list of templates, won’t show up in other languages because it is missing the entry for that email_key in DB table email_templates_default_data. After searching all tables, xml files, that is the spot where it is missing.

Best regards