Review Form & Sending Feedback

Asking for help with the following:

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.1
  • Description of issue
  • We have a double-blind review and on accepting a test submission, none of the reviewer scores/feedback are included in the email to the author, even though we have checked off that the responses gets sent to the author, but only an email saying “accept” came through with nothing. When the author account logs in, they can’t manually locate any review feedback/scores are accessible. We want the scores/feedback to be sent in the decision email or at least available on log-in to OJS.
  • Steps you took leading up to the issue
    Created a test submission and user to determine the problem. Looked at the review forms that did not yet have a review assigned to them to see if the check to message author was selected and it was (and they were copied off of the review form that was applied to this one test review).
  • What you tried to resolve the issue
    Contact our librarian, who confirmed the problem.
  • Screenshots
  • not necessary?
  • Error log messages if applicable
  • not applicable

Please help ASAP as we should already have our reviews out/assigned by now.

Hi @virvine,

Did you hit the “Import Peer Reviews” button when composing the message to the author?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes, I did hit the Import Peer Reviews, but it includes only the reviewer A, reviewer B, Reviewer C without their comments.
I use Open Journal Systems 2.4.8.3.

Hi @ijrer_editor,

When you created the review form elements, did you check the box labeled “Included in message to author”?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Let me check it, please?

I have checked “Included in message to author”, but still it does not include.
I hope it is another problem I face.
Many thanks. I have managed to solve it.
iColak

Sorry I never replied! Thank you. It was there but I was just blind to it. I wonder if the interface could colour code it to stand out more?