Review assignment updated

Hi,

As a site admin i keep getting this kind of information on mail:

You have a new notification from “some_journal” :

Review assignment updated.

Link: …

Site manager is not enrolled in that journal so i’m not sure why is this happening. When i click on link as a site manager i get:

The current role does not have access to this operation.

Any clues? OJS ver. 3.1.1.4.

Regards,

Nino

This is where the notifications are sent: pkp-lib/EditReviewForm.inc.php at ojs-stable-3_1_1 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

In 3.1.1.4, when you edit a review assignment, for example change the dates, it sends the notification to the reviewer and the author (In 3.2. it will only be the reviewer who receives it, see discussion in NOTIFICATION_TYPE_REVIEW_ASSIGNMENT_UPDATED notification requires revision · Issue #3983 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub)

But besides that, I can not see why the site admin would get those messages?

Neither do i :slight_smile: maybe it is some kind of a bug because i did not have this problems in previous OJS version (3.1.0-1). I can try and investigate more…Maybe do some php debugging…

Nino

that came in 3.1.1.2.

I am a site admin not receiving those messages. Is this the only kind of notification message you receive?

Hm… Now i see that user (site admin) exists in that journal but it has no roles assigned. Yes, this is currently the only kind of notification i am receiving as a site admin. Btw. i’m working with a multi journal OJS instance. Thx.

Nino

can not figure this out.

The recipients are fetched from the stage assignments, specifically the author and from the review assignment. You could of course debug and see what values the $userIds variable has there when an assignment is edited, but if the site admin has no role in the context then I do not understand.

Does @asmecher know in what scenario the message could go to the site admin?

Hi all,

@oraculator, is it possible that the notification is being sent to the administrator because another user was merged into that account that was previously assigned to the submission?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher, i don’t think so. Btw. i also have the same behaviour on my test installation with another journal. I will do some debugging and will let you know what’s going on.

Nino

Not seeing this in my own tests with 3.1.1.2 I have installed.
There only the reviewer is among id’s in the $userIds variable as it should be. But have not tested yet what happens after the data is passed to the createNotification function…

edit: ok, I am seeing this, not sure yet though where the admin is added to the recipient list…

ok, so I know the reason now. I will do a pr soon…

This should work, fixed another small bug as well. The actual problem was actually already fixed in the master branch: pkp-lib/EditReviewForm.inc.php at 84b9e069c489c2496c64dc86dafee9d7e0ab0db6 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

@ajnyga thank you for fast fix.

Regards,

Nino

Dear @ajnyga,
I have asked for the change you linked here for our 3.1.1.4 OJS, but I was told that this file in 3.1.1.4 is very different. Could you please tell us what to change (or give a patch) so that we can implement it in our system?

Thanks in advance,
Bogi