Resume failed upgrade Ojs2 to Ojs3

Hi, i tried to upgrade OJS 2.4.8.5 to OJS 3x, but i got some fatal error. When i fixed it, i must restart the upgrade from the beginning. The upgrade process can take 2-3 days before i get another error. Can i start upgrading just from the error that occurs?

Hi @resika_arthana,

That might depend on the nature of the error - are you able to provide more details on what exactly the error is that you’re encountering? Are you upgrading to 3.2.1 as an intermediate step: How to Upgrade?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

Thank you for your response, this my version

Code version: 3.2.0.3
Database version: 2.4.8.5
Latest version: 3.3.0.10
Database version is older than code version

Now i got new error :

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DB Error: Field ‘file_id’ doesn’t have a default value Query: INSERT INTO submission_galleys (locale, submission_id, remote_url, label) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?) in /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:703
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(231): DAO->handleError()
#1 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php(1094): DAO->update()
#2 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(417): Upgrade->convertSupplementaryFiles()
#3 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(263): Installer->executeAction()
#4 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(186): Installer->executeInstaller()
#5 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(88): Installer->execute()
#6 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(64): UpgradeTool->upgrade()
#7 /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/tools in /home/ubuntu/www/ejournal/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 703

I think the solution is https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/issue-updating-2-4-8-1-to-3-2-x/59527/5 or https://github.com/Maanrifa/ojs/commit/69c261194f3d3f73cafa5cd4a32d3c53341cf75f

But if i try to fix it and start the upgrade again, i must restore the database,source code 2.4.8.5, data file and waiting for a long time.
Any idea? thank you

Hi @resika_arthana,

Thanks for providing this further information. I’m not sure what to suggest at this point - but I will see if some of my other team members can look at this when they are available.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

1 Like