Report bug on notification and editorial decision workflow

Hi @asmecher
I using ojs-3.1.2-4 and i faced with 2 bug.

1: When a new issue published and checked to notify that " Send notification email to all registered users" in this file lib/pkp/classes/notification/PKPNotificationOperationManager.inc.php and in this part of code
if(!in_array($notificationType, $notificationEmailSettings)) {
$this->sendNotificationEmail($request, $notification, $contextId, $mailConfigurator);
}
call sendNotificationEmail function and in this function for getting mail template use this simple line but i believe that it is false
$mail = $this->getMailTemplate(‘NOTIFICATION’);
instead of using like this
$mail = $this->getMailTemplate(‘PUBLISH_NOTIFY’);

I mean when ojs wants create a notification and send mail doesn’t pay attention to notificationType in this function and always send mail with NOTIFICATION template.

2:When editor click on Request Revisions button and upload a new file to box of “Select review files to share with the author(s)” it doesn’t show to the author because its not viewable and when i check this file lib/pkp/controllers/modals/editorDecision/form/EditorDecisionWithEmailForm.inc.php
i faced with this condition in code:
if($submissionFile->getAssocType() == ASSOC_TYPE_REVIEW_ASSIGNMENT)

after that i check my record in submissionFile table and i see that the assocType of the new file uploaded is null and the fileStage equal to 13 (SUBMISSION_FILE_ATTACHMENT) so for solving this problem i added this code upper this condition

if(is_null($submissionFile->getAssocType()) && $submissionFile->getFileStage() == SUBMISSION_FILE_ATTACHMENT)
                {
                    $submissionFile->setAssocType(ASSOC_TYPE_REVIEW_ASSIGNMENT); // Localized
                    $submissionFile->setFileStage(SUBMISSION_FILE_REVIEW_ATTACHMENT);
                    $submissionFileDao->updateObject($submissionFile);
                }

As a result, all checked files are now accessible to the author.

Hi @mbabaei,

I mean when ojs wants create a notification and send mail doesn’t pay attention to notificationType in this function and always send mail with NOTIFICATION template.

That’s intentional, but we’ve scheduled it for improvement in a future release. See:

2:When editor click on Request Revisions button and upload a new file to box of “Select review files to share with the author(s)” it doesn’t show to the author because its not viewable and when i check this file lib/pkp/controllers/modals/editorDecision/form/EditorDecisionWithEmailForm.inc.php

Where was this file originally uploaded? Is it e.g. attached to a Discussion?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

Thank you very much for your reply

please check attachment image.
Screenshot

Hi @mbabaei,

The current behaviour is intentional – see [OJS] Editors should be able to add attachments to the Editorial Decision message · Issue #2438 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for a description. The uploaded files are attached to the email but not currently viewable elsewhere. This could be improved but it would be a complex change; we’ll be working on notifications and emails more broadly, possibly for OJS/OMP 2.3.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like