Rename index.php to home.php

Hi, I have installed OJS to the root directory and there is index.php file that is necessary for OJS functioning. I want to install Wordpress to the same directory that will ave its own index.php file.

Is there any possibility to change index.php to home.php

I tried mixing up the code of OJS and Wordpress but it do not work. I am copying therewith index.php code of WordPress

`<?php
/**

• Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn’t do anything, but loads
  • wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
  • @package WordPress
    */

/**

• Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
  • @var bool
    */
    define(‘WP_USE_THEMES’, true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require( dirname( FILE ) . ‘/wp-blog-header.php’ );`

This is, frankly, a terrible idea.

You will have both applications competing for the same URI space and the same directory naming. You will need to deal with both the current overlap(s), and any future overlaps added by upgrades.

Speaking of upgrades, the upgrade process will be a nightmare in the future because of the clutter from each application in the other.

A simple solution would be to place each application in its own directory, with a landing page to direct the user:

/index.php
/wp/
/ojs/

A complex solution would be to do that exact same thing, but then to map all relevant URI paths to each application via mod_rewrite to be what you want. That setup is beyond the scope of this forum, but it is possible.