Registration was not successful! The DOI registration server returned an error: ' (401 Unauthorized)'

Hello,
i am trying to Deposit my articles to crossref. everything is perfect but when i select an article and click on deposit button. the message is appear at the top “Registration was not successful! The DOI registration server returned an error: ’ (401 Unauthorized)” Please help me how can i fix this problem.

i have correct credentials of Crossref.
i did properly setup of Crossref XML plugin and DOI.

currently i am using OJS 3.3.0.4

1 Like

Me sucede lo mismo

Hi @Farooq_jamal,

You may wish to search for that error message here on the forum - there are users who reported this issue previously and have resolved, such as the case with this one: DOIs not deposited error in OJS 3.0.0

-Roger
PKP Team

hola, no sé índica si es la primera vez que están intentando depositar, o esto sucedió de repente (ya se había depositado anteriormente)
Un error 401 quiere decir que las credenciales (usuario/password) no son correctas. Esto lo tienen que validar directamente con Crossref.
https://community.crossref.org/t/ojs-plugin-submission-failure/1820/2?u=dagosalas

Mi recomendación es que no se haga copy/paste de las credenciales y mejor se tecleen directamente.
Por otro lado, también es bueno tener la versión más reciente del plugin. Hay una explicación aquí:

saludos!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.