Quicksubmit Upload Issues

I installed the latest version of QuickSubmit 1.0.3 last week…and nothing will upload.

So, I deleted the QuickSubmit directory and reuploaded the old version. Still the same issue. The plugin freezes after the upload reaches 100%, closing the upload dialog leads to an Error 500. After returning to the main submissions page, the article metadata is there, just not the attachment.

Two questions:

1. Suggestions on what could be causing this? Means to remediate it?
  2. Why is ojs2 showing up in the first error? Our OJS2 install is hosted on a different server and this was a clean install.

[Mon Feb 25 11:28:19 2019] [error] [client 10.48.83.51] ojs2: Unknown locale component , referer: https://journals.gmu.edu/index.php/jipe/management/importexport/plugin/QuickSubmitPlugin

[Mon Feb 25 11:28:34 2019] [error] [client 10.48.83.51] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticleDAO::getPublishedArticleByArticleId() in /var/www/html/OJS3114/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 67, referer: https://journals.gmu.edu/index.php/jipe/management/importexport/plugin/QuickSubmitPlugin

[Mon Feb 25 11:28:36 2019] [error] [client 10.48.83.51] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticleDAO::getPublishedArticleByArticleId() in /var/www/html/OJS3114/plugins/importexport/quickSubmit/QuickSubmitForm.inc.php on line 67, referer: https://journals.gmu.edu/index.php/jipe/management/importexport/plugin/QuickSubmitPlugin

OJS 3.114
PHP Version 5.6.39
Apache 2.2.15
MySQL 5.1.73

Your quicksubmit version has to be something older.

Line 67 in v.1.0.3-0 of QuickSubmitForm.inc.php is:
$this->submission = $submissionDao->getById($request->getUserVar('submissionId'), $this->context->getId(), false);

PublishedArticleDAO::getPublishedArticleByArticleId() was removed in 2017 and replaced with PublishedArticleDAO:: getByArticleId()

yes, I reverted to the version we’d had installed previously, 1.0. Tried loading 1.03 in and all I get is an HTTP 500 Error

Okay, so we ran the upgrade script after putting quickSubmit 1.03 in and got the following:

[root@libweb tools]# php upgrade.php upgrade
[pre-install]
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 3.1.1.4]
[code: Installer Installer::checkPhpVersion]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/common.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/log.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/announcements.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/scheduledTasks.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/temporaryFiles.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/metadata.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/reviews.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/reviewForms.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/controlledVocab.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/submissions.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/submissionFiles.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/notes.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/views.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/genres.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/tombstone.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/rolesAndUserGroups.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/metrics.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/views.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/libraryFiles.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/navigationMenus.xml]
[schema: dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/indexes.xml]
[code: Installer Installer::installDefaultNavigationMenus]
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 21, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 21, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 19, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 19, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 10, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 10, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 20, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 20, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 5, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 5, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 18, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 18, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 16, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 16, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 17, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 17, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 6, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 6, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 1, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 1, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 12, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 12, Title: Primary Navigation Menu, Area: primary) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 0, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.
[code: Installer Installer::migrateStaticPagesToNavigationMenuItems]
[code: Installer Installer::migrateSRLocale]
[code: Installer Installer::migrateNOLocale]
[note: docs/release-notes/README-3.1.1]
[code: Installer Installer::addPluginVersions]

You are trying to downgrade the product "" from version [3.1.1.4] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.ojs2: You are trying to downgrade the product "" from version [3.1.1.4] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.

Now I’m back to getting an HTTP 500 error when trying to access the plugin.

So with the 500 error there is no fatal error or similar visible in the error log?

Just checked that our production server is running 3.1.1.4 with the 1.03 version of quicksubmit and seems to work fine.

Nope. It’s really inexplicable, insofar as anyone here can tell. @asmecher, you don’t have any thoughts about this, do you?

Those warnings in the end You are trying to downgrade the product "" from version [3.1.1.4] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.ojs2: You are trying to downgrade the product "" from version [3.1.1.4] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported. might be connected, have not seen those before I think.

You could check from your versions table what you have stored with version number 3.1.1.4 there. If you for some reason have something else that OJS itself with that version number.

The ojs2 in the error you asked earlier is not related. That is for some reason hard coded to OJS and shows up with every error. I think they have just forgot to change it to ojs3.

But yeah Alec might have other advice

Nope, just the version we’re currently using.

@akierig Did you find some solution related to OJS upgrade? I have exactly the same error on upgrade form 3.1.1.4 to 3.1.2

“You are trying to downgrade the product "" from version [3.1.1.4] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.”

I regret we’ve not yet found a solution. It’s actually been off my radar for a few weeks. Fortunately, OJS 3 makes it possible to send articles straight from submission to production, so it’s not the biggest concern for us right now.

I just updated from OJS 3.1.2-1 to OJS 3.1.2-4 and this error has generated me:

You are trying to downgrade the product “openAIRE” from version [2.0.1.5] to version [1.2.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.

When reviewing another identical installation, I have noticed that indeed the openAIRE plugin was updated to version 2.0.xx but the new version of OJS still comes with the outdated plugin.

Edit: I solved it copying my old folder (updated plugin) and raplace it for the new one (plugins/generic/openAIRE)