Quick Submit missing corresponding folder for plugin

Hi there.

I installed the QuickSubmit plugin but when i try to upgrade it it tells me that “The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.”

Does anybody know what would be the correct file directory to put the plugin in ?
I installed it at plugins/importexport/QuickSubmit

Thanks a lot for your kind help

Nico

The folder name should be plugins/importexport/quickSubmit, with a lowercase “q”.

Hi all,

@ctgraham is right – but is there a particular reason you’re installing the plugin manually rather than using the Plugin Gallery? If you log in as administrator and go to the journal’s Plugins area, you can find the Plugin Gallery, which will help to discover and install compatible plugins. I’d strongly recommend getting this working rather than working with plugin code manually.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi all,

I changed the folder name as @ctgraham suggested but it still doesn’t work.
@asmecher i installed it manually because it didn’t work via the library. When I click install nothing happen at all.

Any idea of what could cause this ?

Thank you guys for your time.

Hi @Nicolas_Barrau,

Try checking your PHP error log after the installation fails. (You’ll probably need to get rid of the manually-installed copy first.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Here are the last lines of the error log

[29-Aug-2019 11:04:28 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; dbQuerySet has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 959
[29-Aug-2019 11:04:28 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; adoSchema has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 1217
[29-Aug-2019 11:04:28 America/Toronto] PHP Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 67
[29-Aug-2019 11:04:28 America/Toronto] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getProductType() on string in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php:206

I am not good enough to figure it out by myself.
Would you please have just a lead to where i could start ?

Thanks again, really appreciated

Hi @Nicolas_Barrau,

Your host has disabled the exec function, which is used by OJS (legitimately) to install plugins and perform other tasks (like indexing content from PDF files). I’d suggest asking your host whether that function can be re-enabled.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you really much @asmecher !

Have a great day !

Aaaah actually the exec function is on, so it’s must be something else.

I will try to find out and will post here if i find any solution.
Just in case, hereunder is the last full error log.

Anyway, thanks you guys a lot for your help.

[29-Aug-2019 12:40:11 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[29-Aug-2019 12:40:11 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[29-Aug-2019 12:40:11 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[29-Aug-2019 12:40:11 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[29-Aug-2019 12:40:11 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003

The class in lines marked as errors are

class ADODB_Cache_File
class ADOConnection
class ADORecordSet implements IteratorAggregate
class ADORecordSet_array extends ADORecordSet

And the line 1003
while(list(, $v) = each($arr)) {

Hi @Nicolas_Barrau,

Those warnings are cosmetic; don’t worry about them.

The relevant warning is this one:

[29-Aug-2019 11:04:28 America/Toronto] PHP Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/equipere/revue-tuc.ca/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 67

If you’re getting this, then exec has definitely been disabled and you won’t be able to use the Plugin Gallery to install plugins.

Regards,
Alec Smecher