Questions regarding paperbuzz plugin

Hi everyone,

We are exploring different possibilities to display metrics for the journals on our platform. I found information about Plum Analytics, but it is really hard to know more about Paperbuzz. Is it a widget displayed on the website? What kind of metrics are available?

Thank you in advance for all your answers!

Best,
Marion

Hi @mbraud,

This blogpost gives a good overview of the paperbuzz plugin: https://pkp.sfu.ca/2019/04/30/announcing-the-ojs-paperbuzz-plugin/

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello Roger,

Yes, thank you! I had a look at this post but I was wondering if the plugin displayed a graph for all sources. If I am not mistaken, Crossref Event Data tracks events from Hypothes.is, Reddit, StackExchange and many others. Assuming an article is mentioned on all this websites, will a graph be displayed for each of them?

And second question: on the contrary, assuming there is no mention anywhere, is the graph displayed with a zero value, or is there just nothing?

I hope I am clear enough!
Best,
Marion

Hi @mbraud,

Good questions. I pulled your questions into another thread so as to consolidate them in one place and keep it as a newer post. The info on Crossref event data goes into more detail and how and what is tracked as part of that: https://www.crossref.org/services/event-data/, as to how a graph gets displayed for each of the sources, I’m not entirely sure. @bozana - you’ve worked on this plugin, right? Do you have a sense of this? I will try to see if I can see if I can find an example of where it is used.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @mbraud,

I discussed this with one of my colleagues, who sounded a bit of caution around the use of the paperbuzz plugin: apparently Crossref is going to be deprecating the event data API it uses and moving to a new Relationships API that covers some of the same needs, which may create some complications with the Paperbuzz plugin in the future.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

Thank you very much for your reply! This is good to know, we will reconsider this option in this case.

Have a great day,
Marion

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.