Publishing Reviewer Data

We are about to migrate our journal to OJS 3. Is there a way to publish the reviewer’s names during the production stage (so keeping the names blind during peer-review and when the article is published make it available on the article landing page?).

Any comments/ideas will be helpful
Regards
Nadine

Hi @NadineWubbeling,

OJS as currently coded doesn’t expose reviewer names outside of the Editor’s workflow. However, it’s possible to tweak your themes to accomplish what you describe. @jmacgreg has done this and may have some suggestions, but note that it’ll take some PHP/CSS/Smarty experience.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. And for the advice. We are appointing a service provider that will have PHP/CSS/Smarty experience so we will be able to achieve this I think. If we are struggling I will be sure to contact @jmacgreg.

Regards
Nadine

Just a thought: I think this would be fairly easy to do as a plugin? I wonder if there is wider need for the feature?

There is a big drive towards open peer-review and other, more transparent review methods. A plugin would be a great feature I think. Opening up the process even more.

Regards
Nadine

This pretty much does the job: GitHub - ajnyga/showReviewers: OJS3 plugin for showing reviewer names for published articles

Of course there are a lot of details that could be different, you could for example add more details regarding the reviewer or change the logic how the the reviewers are listed there.

1 Like

Wow. That is just great @ajnyga. Thank you for creating this. I will be sure to install the plugin for our site. I am already loving this community.

We are finalising our service provider this week, then the task of migration begins. So holding thumbs, and will probably be on this forum more and more.

Regards
Nadine

1 Like