Publish articles as HTML on OJS 3

I have some trouble with our newly started journal http://social-interaction.net/. We publish articles as html, but the articles are not rendered within the OJS design. According to the Galley layout the html file is correctly recognized as html.

Any pointers on what to do?

Best,
Lars

Hi @lcjensen,

What is the problem with how the articles are rendering? Are they being downloaded as an HTML file instead of opening in the browser? If so, you need to enable the HTML Article Galley Plugin.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the reply. No the files are opening in the browser. I had thought that that articles would be displayed within the rest of the site design, but I can see that this is normally not the case. So, for now everything seems to be in order.
Best,
Lars

If you know PHP, then it would not need a lot of work to modify this plugin GitHub - ajnyga/embedGalley: OJS3 plugin for visualizing JATS XML galleys to do what you want. At the moment it searched for JATS XML formatted galley files and shows them below the abstract as HTML. I you case it should search for HTML galleys and cut the content between the body tags and show the rest below the abstract. Basically just a few lines need changing.

Edit: but note that you will loose the full text download count in the process because instead of opening the galley file (where the statistics hit is made) your users will just look at the abstract page where the full content is available.

Thanks, I’ll give it a look.