Production Dept. can't upload the article's PDF (HTTP Error)

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
Production department has to upload PDF (Proof for the authors) but it’s showing error (“HTTP Error”).

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
Everything was fine till yesterday. I did nothing special today. Error came by itself.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
I log-out, then re-login. I restarted my computer but still to no avail.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.3.0.3

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
error 2
error 1

Hi @zhao

Have you checked webserver error log? It might show more information regarding the error.
Also, is your PHP/server config set to manage PDF files with the current file size you are attempting to upload?

Best,
Israel

(1) Complete Error log: https://ufile.io/yjuoe3hd

Summary:
[25-Jun-2022 21:43:25 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught League\Flysystem\Exception: Impossible to create the root directory

[25-Jun-2022 21:43:36 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught League\Flysystem\Exception: Impossible to create the root directory

[25-Jun-2022 21:43:48 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught League\Flysystem\Exception: Impossible to create the root directory

[26-Jun-2022 00:30:48 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in

[26-Jun-2022 01:09:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in

[26-Jun-2022 01:09:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in

[26-Jun-2022 02:19:40 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy(): Session object destruction failed in

[26-Jun-2022 07:05:39 America/Chicago] Slim Application Error:
Type: League\Flysystem\Exception

[29-Jun-2022 00:22:57 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught League\Flysystem\Exception: Impossible to create the root directory

(2) The size is no issue.

Waiting for your reply.

Hi @zhao

Checking you log, it seems that OJS is unabled to create directories. Could you please review your files system permission for files_dir parameter? usually this folder should be owned buy www-data (apache user) or have writing permission for system users.

best,
Israel