Problems with MLA and Chichago Citation styles in sl_SI (Slovene locale)

I’ve stumbled upon a weird issue displaying MLA and Chichago Citation styles in sl_SI (Slovene locale). Instead of a citation line it only displays a full stop. English version of the same article info looks ok.
No errors in php logs.
Thank you, Om.
Zaslonska%20slika%202018-07-11%2009-25-12
Zaslonska%20slika%202018-07-11%2009-25-03

Hi @om_arino,

Hmm, I think that might be an issue in the third-party CiteProc-PHP library we use to generate citations. Perhaps ask the authors of that library? GitHub - seboettg/citeproc-php: Full-featured CSL 1.0.1 processor for PHP

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I managed to pinpoint the problem MLA and Chichago use some language specific components, defined in style cls XML

plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/citation-styles/chicago-author-date.csl

<locale xml:lang="en"> <terms> <term name="editor" form="verb-short">ed.</term> <term name="container-author" form="verb">by</term> <term name="translator" form="verb-short">trans.</term> <term name="editortranslator" form="verb"> <single>edited and translated by</single> <multiple>edited and translated by</multiple> </term> <term name="translator" form="short">trans.</term> </terms> </locale>

It uses xml:lang and i can’t figure it out, how to extend/translate it for OJS sl_SI locale? Any suggestions?

Hi @om_arino,

That’s third-party code – not ours, I’m afraid. I’d suggest checking with its author how to translate it for inclusion in a future release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team