Problems with email notifications in Production Discussions

Dear all, I wonder if it is possible to recieve an answer about a problem detected with notifications in Production Diiscussion (Copy editing).

In the role of Journal Manager, I recieved an answer of an author, and I included in the discussion the Copyeditor, but she told me that never received the email of notification.

I looked in the “notes” database and found the note, but in the email log I didn’t find any sent email.

How can I find the problem?

Thanks

J.-

Hello @Jvil,

Can you please indicate which version of OJS you are using? And, can you elaborate where the note was stored - do you mean it was stored as part of the discussion thread?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger, the OJS version is 3.1.2.1. Well the “note” was a Message in Copyediting Discussions. I’ve received a message from the author. After that, I added into the discussion the copyeditor but she never received the notification email.

I think it is a problem with her email platform, but I would like to know if I can find if that notification message was sent from OJS.

Is that possible?

Thank you so much

Hi @Jvil,

Do you see anything in the “Editorial History” (on the top right - next to “Metadata”) when you’re looking at a submission?

-Roger

Hi Roger, in the “Editorial History” does not appear any of those emails I refered to. I can find the uploads that the author made (he had to change images for next step, “production”), but no signs of the messages with the author or the copyeditor.

Thanks
J.-