Problems with backup

Hey guys, here is the story: I tried to update my OJS 3.1.0-1 to the 3.1.1 and was not able to succeed due to time out. However, returning the files to 3.1.0-1 to the folder, i started to get this error: DB Error: Unknown column ‘gender’ in ‘field list’ . I suposed the upgrade process write something over the DB. Then i dropped the DB and imported the backup i did right before the upgrade trial. And now the site is not acessible anymore, showing this error: DB Error: Table ‘dpgpsifp_psico.navigation_menu_items’ doesn’t exist.
I tried to do all the process from the beggining but the error still.
Please help me.

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

Are you sure the navigation_menu_items table is missing from your 3.1.0-1 backup? It should definitely be there – OJS 3.1.0-1 expects that table to exist and won’t run without it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Indeed i just check the backup and there is no navigation_menu_items table.
This means my 3.1.0-1 was in fact a 3.0.2 faulty instalation?

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

Check the versions table in your backup for product='ojs2' and current=1 – though depending on the upgrade history that could also be inaccurate.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher. You are my last hope.
This is, i’ve been in xampp localhost trying to fix my website thru manual upgrade.
Put all my backup files and backyp mysql and updgraded. All works like a charm.
Exported the local mysql and send it to the server, but there is differences when in server, for example, all submissions is gone. How can this be possible, i just exported the localhost mysql and imported in the server.

image This is on the server

image This is on localhost with xampp

When i turn on the errors, this is what shows:

Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php:0) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 867

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php:0) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 868

PS: The articles already aproved and that was under editoration is showing in the next edition, but not in submissions page:

This is the php error log:

[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:42 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 10:15:43 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

If you see warnings like this…

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php:0) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 867

…it probably means your PHP is configured to send warnings/errors to the browser, rather than just logging them to the log. Configure your PHP so that messages are only sent to the log, or they’ll interfere with AJAX requests.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher, aprently, problem solved. I had to make all upgrade process under xampp in localhost and then send it to the server. That last problem aparently disapeared when i cleaned the cache and used firefox.
Thx for your every effort, you are a badass!

Are your MySQL and PHP are same as before?

This was the reason I had problems with backup

I had reasons to believe that the main problem was the server configurations.