Problems when trying to apply already published articles to generate DOIs

APPLICATION VERSION: 3.1.1.4

Hello to you all.

Our journal is two years old, we have published six numbers so far and recently got a Crossref membership to generate DOIs for our articles.

I successfully set up the Crossref plugin for OJS. I also enabled the option to get automatic deposits for our future issues, but I am having problems assigning DOIs to the articles that we have already published in the past two years. I have all the articles enlisted, I got that far, but when I submit them I get this message during the validation phase:

Submission was not successful! The DOI registration server returned an error: '1 - HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
www-authenticate: Basic realm=“restricted area”
content-type: text/plain
access-control-allow-origin: *
access-control-allow-headers: X-Requested-With
content-length: 13
server: http-kit
date: Mon, 10 May 2021 19:44:29 GMT
x-rate-limit-limit: 50
x-rate-limit-interval: 1s
permissions-policy: interest-cohort=()
connection: close

access denied’.

I have written to Crossref and I am in contact with members of its staff. They say that everything is alright on their end and directed me to PKP.

Please, we need help to overcome this situation. We have no prior experience in DOI management and will take any advice you can give us.

Best regards,

Manuel

Hello @sciadmin

The version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. Along with that, you may wish to upgrade your Crossref plugin. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the [PKP Website]https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/

The Crossref documentation can be found here: Crossref OJS 3.2+ Manual

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you very much. I will try that. Let’s see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.