Problems to upload files

Hi @celuloide,

Numerical permissions (e.g. 755) may not be enough, depending on how your web server is configured. You’ll need to know what SAPI your server is running PHP scripts with (e.g. mod_php, CGI, FastCGI, etc). This will determine what file ownership will be required. See this FAQ entry for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec, thank you for your answer.
I checked it, it is FastCGI but before it was the same, it has no changed. However, I open permissions to 775, but still not working.

Is it possible any other explanation?

Regards,

Daniel Becerra
Icono 14

Hi @celuloide,

And did you look into the issue of file ownership? FastCGI can be configured a number of ways; it’s probably best to look at the ownership of files OJS is creating in the cache subdirectory to determine details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, the owner and group are the same all around the instance including cache and “files_dir” directories.

However it has been an inconsistence, an author has submitted an issue correctly, but we (administrators) still can’t. We are testing with several usernames, also with the username of this author… Do this give you any clue?

Thanks for the help.

Daniel Becerra
Icono 14

Alec, I found the problem. We have reached limit of files on hour hosting, so OJS is not able to write…

I’m sorry, and thank you very much for your suggestions.

The best,
Daniel Becerra
Icono 14

1 Like

Hi @celuloide,

Thanks for following up, and glad you got it going. These kinds of things can be hard to debug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher