Problems setting up the DOI / CrossRef record in OJS 2.4.8

Hi @ctgraham,

In addition to Table plugin-settings, which other tables that should have references to the registration of DOI?
What lines should exist to enable DOI “CrossRef”.
You have the plugins CrossRef and DataCite, I think they may be in trouble.

Regards,

Paulo

The CrossRef plugin depends on the DataCite plugin, as the DataCite plugin is home to the base DOIExportPlugin.

Within the database, you should expect to see data regarding the DOI in the plugin_settings table. There should be an entry under the setting_name “pub-id::doi” which describes the assigned DOI within OJS, and then for each registration plugin, there will be a setting_name like “crossref::registeredDoi” or “ezid::registeredDoi” describing the DOI that was registered with the registration agency.

Hello,
I just started to use Crossref DOIs for assigning DOIs for published articles. We are running OJS 2.4.8.2 for our journal. We configured Crossref XML Export Plugin and select to assign DOI by using Article metadata model. I go to metadata of published article and assign the doi to the article, save.
Then I go to export or register article metadata, to “Manage Article DOIs”, where “Manage Issues” appears as a sub-heading and info “No articles currently have DOIs assigned”. My question, do I have to wait for Crossref to register DOIs for them to appear? How do I know registration is complete?
Thanks for help,
Vladimir

Hi ctgraham,
I just started to use Crossref DOIs for assigning DOIs for published articles. We are running OJS 2.4.8.2 for our journal. We configured Crossref XML Export Plugin and select to assign DOI by using Article metadata model. I go to metadata of published article and assign the doi to the article, save.
Then I go to export or register article metadata, to “Manage Article DOIs”, where “Manage Issues” appears as a sub-heading and info “No articles currently have DOIs assigned”. My question, do I have to wait for Crossref to register DOIs for them to appear? How do I know registration is complete?
Thanks for help,
Vladimir

You should see the published articles with DOIs assigned within the CrossRef “Manage Article DOIs” screen. This screen will allow you to submit them for registration by CrossRef.

If the articles which have been assigned DOIs are in fact published, can you provide some screen shots of the DOI assignment and Manage pages so we can look for any other clues?

Hi Clinton,

The article is already published but I like to include DOI by Editing Article Metadata…here are the screens.
I cannot see within the CrossRef “Manage Article DOIs” any articles
step%201 step%202 step%203

Cheers, Vladimir