Problems saving footers Ojs 3.1.1.0

Hi,

I have version 3.1.1.0 and I have the following problem when saving the footer of both languages ​​(Spanish and English). When I make a change in the footer field, I give it to save and the processing circle remains. What can be the error due to the OJS version or the hosting?

Thank you and I am waiting.

P.D. I copy Marc (@marc) for his knowledge and study of this singular case.

See what happens in your php error log and/or your browser javascript console. Are there any errors visible and what are they?

How can I view it from the OJS panel?

the error log you can not access from OJS dashboard. Ask you service provider how to access it.

The browser javascript console depends on the browser. Try googling with the name of your browser and “access javascript console” for details.

Ok, thanks! I will contact the service provider.

Error:
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1003
[08-Oct-2018 14:13:30 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/revis457/public_html/web/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

Version php: 7.2 and https.

what about the the javascript console errors when you try to save the footer?

There is not a JS error in particular, what happens is that a POST request is made with this:
…/web/index.php/rb/$$$call$$$/tab/settings/website-settings-tab/save-form-data?tab=appearance (port 443)

And the server response is a 403: Forbidden

the 403 error is probably triggered by mod_security: Prevent mod-security 403 server errors in web hosting

Try saving something like “test” to the footer and see if that works. If it works, then the text you originally tried to save contains something that is triggering mod_security. You can ask your service provider what it could be. Usually it is database related terms like select, join etc. close to each other.

Thanks @ajnyga for the tip.

OJS was unable to remove the content of the footer. When you delete the html inside footer fields and you click “Save” it keep spinning for ever.

So I removed it directly to “journal_settings” manually and worked like a charm.

Take care,
m.