Problems installing plugin in OJS 2.4.8

I can not install plugins in OJS 2.4.8
I tried two of my magazines but can not be loaded. The system tells me “Errors occurred processing esta form: The uploaded plugin archive does not Contain a folder That corresponds to the plugin name”. But they are properly packaged. I have tried several plugisn and all receive the same message.

Hi @Jose_David_Alarcon_A,

What plugins are you trying to install?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher

I have problems with converter2xml, mostpopularArticles, editage… I have tried in different magazines (with OJS 2.4.8) and does not work… I think you can not install any plugins.
In all cases the error message is…
“Errors occurred processing this form:
The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name”.

This is converter2xml GitHub - escire/Convert2XML: Converter based on JATS standard and fully integrated at Open Journal Systems (OJS) for the automatic conversion of articles to XML format. This converter follows the most important parameters required for SciELO Organization for markup language / Convertidor integrado al sistema Open Journal Systems (OJS) para la conversión de artículos a formato XML siguiendo el estándar internacional JATS mismo que es utilizado por la organización SciELO en América Latina para el marcado de artículos

you think the problem can be the server hosting?

Thanks!

Hi @Jose_David_Alarcon_A,

It doesn’t look like those plugins have been packaged for OJS’s plugin installer. To do that, they’ll need to build a release package like this one: Releases · asmecher/hypothesis · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

@asmecher

I did not know where the problem is.
I installed a new version on another server. Now I could load the Plugis.
Thanks for your reply…