Problem with upgrade ojs3

Hi
when i upgrade ojs 2.4.6 to ojs3 … I followed ths step exactly:
1- Backup 2.4.6 files and database.
2- Extract 3.0 into a new directory; set permissions for the “cache” and “public” folders to be web-writable ( i change to 750 premmision) .
3- Download GeoLiteCity.dat into plugins/generic/usageStats
4- Copy the “public” directory and “config.inc.php” from 2.4.6 to into 3
5- Change config.inc.php’s “installed” parameter to “off”
6- Remove 2.4.6 from your webserver path, and replace it with 3

and then when i complete this step i want enter in my website to upgrade database from web (not use command-line)

when i open it … it’s appear this error

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 210

Strict Standards: Declaration of BrowsePlugin::manage() should be compatible with Plugin::manage($args, $request) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/browse/BrowsePlugin.inc.php on line 162

Strict Standards: Declaration of BrowsePlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/browse/BrowsePlugin.inc.php on line 162

Strict Standards: Declaration of GoogleAnalyticsPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/googleAnalytics/GoogleAnalyticsPlugin.inc.php on line 147

Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 157

Strict Standards: Declaration of OrcidProfilePlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php on line 413

Strict Standards: Declaration of PdfJsViewerPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/pdfJsViewer/PdfJsViewerPlugin.inc.php on line 136

Strict Standards: Declaration of RecommendByAuthorPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/recommendByAuthor/RecommendByAuthorPlugin.inc.php on line 156

Strict Standards: Declaration of WebFeedPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedPlugin.inc.php on line 190

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:210) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 99

how can solve this problem … please help me
this is the link my site
http://pedconf-ye.org/ojs3/

Thank you

1 Like

I think you should first edit your php error handling and turn of those Strict Standards errors.

Hi
I repeated the steps from beging:
1- Download OJS 3.0.0 (.tar.gz) (18 MB) and decompress it.
2- set permissions for the “cache” and “public” folders to be web-writable .
3- move “public” directory and “config.inc.php” from 2.4.6 to into 3.
4- Change config.inc.php’s “installed” parameter to “off”.
5- Remove 2.4.6 from your webserver path, and replace it with 3

6- create file and save php.ini and contain this line error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRI

and the problem is still :tired_face:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 210

Strict Standards: Declaration of BrowsePlugin::manage() should be compatible with Plugin::manage($args, $request) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/browse/BrowsePlugin.inc.php on line 162

Strict Standards: Declaration of BrowsePlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/browse/BrowsePlugin.inc.php on line 162

Strict Standards: Declaration of GoogleAnalyticsPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/googleAnalytics/GoogleAnalyticsPlugin.inc.php on line 147

Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 157

Strict Standards: Declaration of OrcidProfilePlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php on line 413

Strict Standards: Declaration of PdfJsViewerPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/pdfJsViewer/PdfJsViewerPlugin.inc.php on line 136

Strict Standards: Declaration of RecommendByAuthorPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/recommendByAuthor/RecommendByAuthorPlugin.inc.php on line 156

Strict Standards: Declaration of WebFeedPlugin::getTemplatePath() should be compatible with Plugin::getTemplatePath($inCore = false) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedPlugin.inc.php on line 190

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:210) in /hermes/bosnaweb09a/b2068/ipg.pedconfyeorg/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 99

what i do to solve it … pleasssse help me
i don’t know where’s i do error for steps :sweat:

What do you mean by “create file and save php.ini”? Do you mean you have created a file called “php.ini”?

php.ini is a configuration file for php outside your web root. I am of course not sure if you can edit it yourself. It depends on the server/service provider you use.

If you already made the change to the actual php.ini, did you restart the server? Again, I do not know whether you can do this by yourself.

Thanks a lot :heart_eyes: it’s work … i change php.ini in my server

I am sorry … i have another problem
when i complete the upgrade … when open the site :
1- isn’t no template .
2- it’s appear this error

please can you help me

Your permission in folders are maybe not correct? See the readme file in OJS for instructions:

https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/docs/README

1 Like

i change the permission for cache folder and sub folder to (750)
and public folder (750)
and config.inc.php (700)
is it right?

and why there’s no template appear?

Who is the owner of those folders?

But I am not 100% whether permissions is the problem here. Mkdir error does sound like it.

I have permission in root of the server i can modify it .

and second problem my PDF file isn’t appear … the last ojs the url is …

ojs/index.php/yjmp/article/view/930/pdf_1

but ojs3 the url is

ojs/index.php/yjmp/article/download/930/901

it’s change and open it a blank page

please help my to solve this problem :sweat:

I mean what is the owner of for example the “files” and/or “cache” folder. Is it “apache” or “root” or what?

sorry
i am not understand you question > Is it “apache” or “root” or what?

my all folder in the root and the server information is

help me :slight_smile:

I mean who is the owner of, for example, the “cache” folder in your installation.

Maybe someone else here can give better instructions, but here’s some advice:

thank you for explain me , but my server doesn’t support Linux
so when enter the file manger the folder in the root

it’s right or not?

Hi,

Your earlier screenshot does mention Debian as the platform type, which is Linux.

There are two things to consider here:

1. The file/folder permissions. I do usually have 755 for folders, but I guess that 750 should work as well.
  2. The owner of “cache”, “public” and “files” folders. The owner should be set so that PHP scripts can write to the folders. What the correct owner is, depends on the server. It could be for example “apache” or “www-data”.

Maybe this thread will help you:

I really do not have any other advice than that you find out the owner of cache, public and files. It may be that there are some other problems as well, but that would be the best starting point in my opinion.

In some shared hosts, you may not have the opportunity to change the file ownership - everything will be owned by your user on the shared host. Given the web-based interface to the files, it looks like this may be a situation like that.

Check your permissions on your files_dir. I suspect you’ve placed this under your OJS root, perhaps /ojs/files ? If your web user cannot create the “scheduledTaskLogs” folder under this directory, or if your web user cannot create individual files in that folder, you could get the error which referenced ScheduledTask->addExecutionLogEntry(...). Note that if your files_dir is web accessible (such as with /ojs/files) it is critical that you protect this directory from being served directly over web (such as with an .htaccess directive deny from all).

2 Likes

sorry i have this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare GoogleViewerPlugin::_displayCallback() in /…/ojs3/plugins/generic/googleViewer/GoogleViewerPlugin.inc.php on line 68

OJS 3.x does not ship with the Google Viewer plugin. Did you add this manually? If not, you may have accidentally mixed your OJS 2.x install with your OJS 3.x install.

i put ojs2 and ojs3 in the same server but each one have database
is wrong?
i want when finish successfully upgrade ojs2 i will remove it

You can have the OJS2 and OJS3 on the same server, each with their own database, and each with their own files_dir, as long as the php files are in different directories. For example:

/var/www/html/ojs2/ (for the php files)
and
/var/www/data/ojs2_files/ (for files_dir)
and
/var/www/html/ojs3/ (for the php files)
and
/var/www/data/ojs3_files/ (for files_dir)

It looks like your may have overwritten your ojs2 php files with the OJS3 php files. That will cause errors. There shouldn’t be a directory ./ojs3/plugins/generic/googleViewer/ in the default install.