Problem with publication type field in citation tool (spanish language)

Hi, when I open a citation in the citations tool (Using OJS in Spanish language), there is a message saying that there must be a “publication type” field with one of this values: “libro”, “revista”, “tesis”, “acta-conf”. When I add the new field with one of this values, throws an error saying that the publication type value is missed or is not compatible.

Hi @cccaballero,

It looks like the Spanish translator translated some terms that were not supposed to be translated. The valid values for that field are defined by the JATS standard and should be book, conf-proc, journal, or thesis.

I’ve filed this for attention here:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher, I will follow it, right now we are using our own citation builder because of the metadata needed for scielo markup, but now they are addopting the JATS standard, so we are adapting our plugins to work with the ojs citation tools.

Hi @asmecher

I am testing with a OJS 2.4.6 journal, and the problem seems to be not just the submission.citations.filter.unsupportedPublicationType translation, using the book, journal, conf-proc, or thesis names still raising the same errors

Hi @cccaballero,

That may be this bug:

You can apply the patch linked there, or upgrade to the latest release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team