Problem with ojs and omp installed on the same server

Hello,
I have installed both OMP 3.3.0-15 and OJS 3.3.0-14 on the same AWS server. For example, the domain are:
domain-a.com (ojs installation)
domani-b.com (omp isntallation)
The strange problem is that sometimes some files have mixed domain. The home page domain-a.com call some files (css or js) with domain-b.com as domain name.
Moreover, in an email notification from ojs (a reviewer commenti) the link to the comment starts with OMP domain name (domain-b.com).
I’ve double checked my sites-available conf in apache2 and the record A but i don’t find anytihing.
In the sessions DB table I have a lot of different domains. Some records is correct, some records has the domain-b.com in the domain column, others has the public DNS aws address (something like ecxx-xx-xx-xx.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com)
I emptied the table several times but nothing changed.
Maybe some users with corrupted cookies? the server name in php sometimes return wrong domain? anyone has a hint? Or maybe something obvious I’m missing… :slight_smile:

What application are you using?
I use OJS 3.3.0-14 and OMP 3.3.0-15

Hi @Nick_Straw

Are you using a custom theme? How did you install and enable the themes you are using on the installation?

Best,
Israel

Hello Israel,
yes we use a custom purchased theme both on OJS and OMP.
I’ve uploaded it via SFTP on the plugin/theme folder and activated via plugin dashboard. The theme did not require any further code changes in OJS or OMP.
Do you think there is a connection between the custom theme and the domain name in the sessions DB table?

Thank you for your help
Domenico

Hi @Nick_Straw

I am not sure how your custom theme has been developed, but it is possible that your custom theme has hard coded CSS calls. Have you reviewed your custom theme files? Specifically the ThemeName.inc.php one?

Moreover, in an email notification from ojs (a reviewer commenti) the link to the comment starts with OMP domain name (domain-b.com).

I would review whether you are not connecting both installation to the same DB.

Best,
Israel

Dear @israel.cefrin, thanks for the info and the support.
I checked the ThemeName.inc.php and there are no hard links, apart from the CDN (jquery etc.). The same sessions table on OMP DB is clean, there is no alternative domain name or IP.
What worries me the most is the domain field of the sessions table which sometimes has the correct domain name, sometimes its IP, sometimes the AWS public DNS (ec2-x-x-x-x.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws .com).
The OMP and OJS databases are separate and are managed by two separate users with rights only to their databases.
I’ve also checked the apache-enabled sites and related folders but I don’t see any overlaps. I also cleared the data and template cache and closed all client sessions to empty the sessions table.
Maybe I should investigate the function that fetches the domain name and writes it to the sessions table? The template is involved with the sessions table?
Thank you