Problem with IP based subscriptions after update of Apache and PHP

As already mentioned here Compatibility with PHP version - #8 by D_Schroeder_Micheel our service provider has upgraded from Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3 to Apache
2.4 (Apache/2.4.7, 20120211) and PHP 5.5 (PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.17). After the upgrade our institutional subscriptions arent’t functioning any longer. We use OJS 2.4.6 which we plan to update to 2.4.8 in the near future. Luckily this problem is of a rather small nature since only our scientific staff has ip based access to our journals and no other institutions get access to all the articles we publish since we work with a moving wall. Nonetheless I would like to fix this.

After looking at the logs I found this fatal error:

[Tue May 31 04:39:11.872492 2016] [:error] [pid 24247] [client OBSCUREDIPADRESS] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQualifiedDAOName() on a non-object in /path/obscured/for/security/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php on line 63

I get the same error message for both our OJS instances which are hosted by the same service provider.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Okay, I narrowed it down after having a look at the usage logs. For whatever reason every call comes from the same IP which is the servers own IP. So that’s that. I contacted our service provider to look into the issue. Will keep you posted.

Edit: Problem has been solved. Seems like an apache module generated the problem. Everything is back to normal now.

Hi @D_Schroeder_Micheel,

We are having the same issue. How did you fix this issue?

Thanks,
Edward

As stated in my last reply in this thread it was our service provider who fixed it and I have no details whatsoever what was done to fix the issue. In our case it was due to the configuration of apache and not OJS related.