Problem with Add Reviews to Email and Resubmit for Review decision

Hello,

We’ve noticed that when an editor wants to give a Resubmit for Review decision, if they click on the Add Reviews to Email button, the email template changes to the template for Editor Decision Revisions (with the reviews added to the email, as expected). What we want is for the template to be Editor Decision Resubmit with the reviews added to the email, but we can only get the Editor Decision Resubmit template if we don’t click on the Add Reviews to Email button.

We’re using OJS 3.1.0.1 (let me know if you need further info).

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kristin

Hi @kristin138,

Hmm, I’m having a little trouble replicating this process. Is there any chance you could walk through it step by step? Best of all would be to include screenshots.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

Here’s what I’m doing and seeing. When I’m at the Submission page and click on the Request Revisions button, this screen comes up:

Then I click on the radio button next to “Revisions will be subject to a new round of peer reviews” and the email text changes, as in this screenshot:

Then if I click the Add Reviews to Email button, the reviews are added to the message, but the text reverts back to the first version, as in this screenshot:

These screenshots are taking from a test journal that we’ve set up, but the same thing is happening for one of the journals we host that is public.

Thanks,
Kristin

Hi @kristin138,

Thanks, that was helpful. I’ve added a fix for issue 1865, which might appear different from your description, but both were caused by the same underlying problem.

OJS 3.1.1 should be released quite soon, but if you don’t want to wait, you can apply the patch in the above link to the lib/pkp subdirectory. Not that you’ll have to either recompile your javascript or disable minification in config.inc.php for the new code to take effect.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Great, thank you very much!

Kristin