Problem uploading submission file with Quicksubmit plugin OJS 2.4.8

Hello,

I am having problems uploading submission files directly through Quicksubmit. When I am loading the file through the form, and after some seconds, I get no result, no file uploaded. The form button says again: “No file has been selected”.

I first tried to reconfigure php.ini (upload_max_filesize, etc), but no way. The file I am trying to upload is just 821Kb. I have been able to upload bigger files through editor role as creating new journal issue. Because of that I keep thinking that is not a question of php.ini but maybe something wrong with the plugin? I have updated OJS to last version 2.4.8 and my actual PhP version is 5.3. Previously I had installed OJS 2.4.3 and worked fine! Does anyone could give me any idea about what the problem could be?

Thank you,

Pablo Reyes

Hi @psreyes,

The file permissions on your files directory are likely wrong; check the FAQ for information on file permissions and what they should be.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec, I’m experiencing similar problems but only when the files I wish to upload are bigger than 2 MB aproximately. Can you help me further?

Thank you and best regards,
Richard

@richardk, check your php.ini limits on file uploading:

Thank you very much !