Problem upgrading from 3.0.2.0 to 3.1.2.1

I am trying to upgrade OJS from 3.0.2.0 to 3.1.2.1.
I followed the instructions but the database update fails, it does not give an error, just goes to a blank screen and does not do the upgrade.
I am left with a half updated system at present.
Can anyone help?
Regards
Tony

Hi @tonyghagan,

Do you find any errors in the log files?

Regards, Primož

Can you tell me where the logs files are please

Hi @tonyghagan,

that depends on your WEB server installation.

Regards, Primož

Primož,

I have found the logs, please find attached.

There is an error regarding upgrade in the php logs but it is not clear what the issue is.

Are you able to give me any help?

Regards

Tony

(Attachment logs.zip is missing)

Primož,

I now have the logs but when I try to zip and attach them it gets rejected, how can I get the logs to you?

Regards

Tony

Hi @tonyghagan,

Don’t send the logs… Rather look at them for errors. And either fix them by yourself or post only errors on the forum.

Regards, Primož

Primož,

Apologies, we have no php expertise or OJS expertise here. We simply use the software.

The upgrade error I get is:

[26-Sep-2019 15:53:21 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php:2472

Stack trace:

#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(421): Upgrade->fixGenreIdInFileNames(Object(Upgrade), Array)

#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(265): Installer->executeAction(Array)

#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(186): Installer->executeInstaller()

#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/UpgradeForm.inc.php(40): Installer->execute()

#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php(104): UpgradeForm->execute()

#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): InstallHandler->installUpgrade(Array, Object(Request))

#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(231): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)

#7 /Appli in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php on line 2472

Are you able to ascertain what this means?

Regards

Tony

Hi @tonyghagan,

Sorry, don’t have much PHP knowledge. Maybe @asmecher has an idea?

Regards, Primož

Hi @tonyghagan,

It sounds like you’ve removed your STYLE component. Restore your OJS 3.0.2 database from backup, and before running the upgrade, login as Journal Manager. In Settings > Workflow > Components, create a new component with name “HTML Stylesheet”. Check “Mark files of this type as dependent files” and enter STYLE in the “Key” field.

Then, with this fix applied to your OJS 3.0.2 database, you can try the upgrade process again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, I will try that