Problem to upgrade database version from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2-4

Dear,

I´m trying to upgrade OJS from verion 3.1.0 to version 3.1.2-4. Whey i execute the script to upgrade tha database version I´m receiving the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘ADODB2_postgres’ not found in /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:4436
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(682): NewDataDictionary()
#1 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(388) : eval()'d code(1): Installer->columnExists()
#2 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(388): eval()
#3 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(390): Installer->{closure}()
#4 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(265): Installer->executeAction()
#5 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(186): Installer->executeInstaller()
#6 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(88): Installer->execute()
#7 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/classes/cliTool/UpgradeTool.inc.php(64): UpgradeTool->upgrade()
#8 /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/tools/upgrade.php(34): UpgradeTool->execute()
#9 {main}
thrown in /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 4436

I think is missing the adodb class. If i need to install it, how could i do that?

The command i´m executing the upgrade is php74 tools/upgrade.php upgrade. I´m executing it from /var/www/ojs-3.1.2-4/ directory.

Hi @Marcio,

Check the contents of lib/pkp/lib/adodb/datadict/datadict-postgres.inc.php; I suspect they have been modified somehow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Will you please let me know the steps to upgrade the OJS!!
Thanks please.

In my ojs-3.1.2-4 this file is completely empty. Is it normal? Follow the output from ls -l command in lib/pkp/lib/adodb/datadict/ directory.

Hi @Marcio,

That’s definitely the problem; I’m not sure why yours is empty, but if you check the OJS download, you’ll see that file has contents.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

asmecher, Thanks for answer me. I copied the datadict-postgres.inc.php file again and this error was solved but now I´m receiving the following error:

Do you think i need download and reinstall OJS again? Looks like some files were not downloaded properly.

Hi @Marcio,

That might be the best approach – I’m not sure what happened on your system, but your files are definitely different from the ones that ship in the .tar.gz file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for Help me. I upgraded the OJS sucessfully. I only did three steps:

Downloaded the OJS code again

Installed a dump from older OJS database

Executed the database upgrade script

Thanks a lot.

1 Like