Problem importing users

Hi,

How do I export users from OJS 2.X version and import them into OJS 3.X version? I tried to do it by Users in XML plugin but it didn´t work. I can export, but when I import to OJS 3.X version, the following message appears:

Element ‘users’: No matching global declaration available for the validation root.

How can I fix this?

Hi @filipekjp,

This OJS 2.x and 3.x XML formats aren’t compatible; you’ll need to adapt the XML from OJS 2.x before it’ll import into 3.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher.

Regards,
Filipe Almeida

sorry to return on this topic, I understand that xml from version 2xx to 3xxx are not compatible, but could you give me a little more information on how to adapt it from version 2xxx to 3xxx? thank you very much

Hi @Juan_Pereyra,

Unfortunately a lot of things changed in the import/export toolkit between OJS 2.x and 3.x, so it’s hard to come up with an apples-to-apples comparison or convert XML between the two formats.

The only way to “automatically” adapt content from OJS 2.x XML to OJS 3.x XML is to…

• Import the content into an OJS 2.x install
  • Run the upgrade script to upgrade the installation to OJS 3.x
  • Export the content again from the upgraded OJS 3.x install

In the future we may write an XSL to convert between the formats, but it would take considerable effort.

I would suggest looking at sample content for both versions. You can find sample for each at…

Note that the content in the two samples is different – and one is validated by DTD, and the other by XML schema.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher thank you Alec