Problem adding a plugin

Hello, i trying to add the quicksubmit plugin to the lasted version of ojs.

When i choose the plugin a new window show me if i want to install, i choose ´install¨, then and other window appear a hve 2 options, accept or cancel, when i choose accept nothing happen , nothing.
I running OJS 3.3.0-10 and i want the quicksubmit, but it happen with all the plugins
what can i do?, thank you so much

Hi @Esteban,

Peculiar… are you able to check your PHP error logs to see if there are any relevant errors there?

-Roger
PKP Team

**Hi, thank you Roger for your reply. **

Do you mean this?, is the error here?

18-Mar-2022 04:55:50 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system’s temporary directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php on line 256

[18-Mar-2022 04:55:50 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system’s temporary directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php on line 256

[18-Mar-2022 04:55:51 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Path cannot be empty in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php:263

Stack trace:

#0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php(263): file_put_contents(’’, ‘\x1F\x8B\x08\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x03\xEC\xBD\x07`T…’)

#1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): PluginGalleryGridHandler->installPlugin(Array, Object(Request))

#2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)

#3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))

#4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))

#5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()

#6 {main}

thrown in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php on line 263

[18-Mar-2022 04:55:51 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Path cannot be empty in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php:263

Stack trace:

#0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php(263): file_put_contents(’’, ‘\x1F\x8B\x08\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x03\xEC\xBD\x07`T…’)

#1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): PluginGalleryGridHandler->installPlugin(Array, Object(Request))

#2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)

#3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))

#4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))

#5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()

#6 {main}

thrown in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php on line 263

Hi @Esteban,

Yes - thank you - this is more helpful and may help to pinpoint the issue. I will see if some of our team members can have a look at this and get back to you when they are available.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi Esteban,

I’m not aware of how XAMPP works, but it seems your environment has some kind of permission problem preventing PHP from reading the temporary file.

Does the problem occur with other plugins, or just with QuickSubmit?

Hi Janiosarmento, thank you for your reply.

Yes!, it is not only with QuickSubmit plugin, it is happenning with all the plugins. I am not able to add any plugin.
What do you think?

Thanks

I think you have permission problems on your environment. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you how to fix them, since I don’t use XAMPP at all. :frowning:

Thank you janiosarmento for your response.
Now i am trying to install the plug in by the other way. But i have an other issue.
First, i download the file quicksubmit-1_0_6-0.tar.gz. and quicksubmit-1_0_6-0.zip
then i upload the file inside OJS but when I click on charge and save, a message appear ¨the command tar is not available, configure correctly in your config.inc.php¨. it is happend with both files
Do you know what is happening?
thank you in advance

Yes, I know: as the error message says, “the command tar is not available” in your system.

It’s not an OJS issue. Instead, it’s (again) your environment not meeting the requirements. :frowning:

thank you Janiosarmento