Prevent any article to be harvested in any system

Hello
My question is more focused on how to prevent any system can reap the items admitted to OJS or make only some items harvested.
I need that only a few items can be harvested and some not

I would greatly appreciate an orientation

Hi @yola,

What kind of harvesting are you concerned about – Google indexing, Google Scholar, OAI, or something else?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher

The question is mainly for collection of OAI.
but I will also be interested in other collections can also be avoided.

Regards,
yola

Hi @yola,

OJS doesn’t offer fine-grained control over what published content appears in OAI vs. what content is excluded. You can shut off the OAI interface entirely, but I’m not sure if that suits your requirements. Can you describe your goals a little more specifically?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

thanks for your reply @asmecher

I have to do is that when the magazine is harvested with OAI the items only pertenesca Copyright to the magazine is harvested.

The Magazine respects the copyright of the author and if authorized by the author, magazine the items can harvest, but if it is unauthorized can not be harvested in any system.

I am clear that if activated OAI all items are harvested, my problem is I just want to choose some and not all.

Much appreciate your help.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Yola

Hi @yola,

Is this an issue for metadata, or just full text? The OAI interface (etc.) only provides the metadata.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello @asmecher

Thanks for answering.
My problem is for metadata, the cuestion is the same, no way to select in OJS which can be just harvested some.

Regards.

Yola

Hi @yola,

That’ll involve a customization, I’m afraid – I’ve never heard of this requirement before. If you’ve got someone on hand who is familiar with PHP and MySQL, I can suggest where to start.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, @asmecher

if I have knowledge in php, I’ve been doing some research as well and I’ve seen that in this part “plugins / oaiMetadata / dc / PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php” is where the OAI is generated in addition to the classes "lib / PKP / plugins / oaiMetadata / dc / PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php ".
It would have to be is a new development , but I would be very useful that you can help as I could suggest to apply in OJS.

Regards.

Yola

Hi @yola,

Have a look in classes/oai/ojs/OAIDAO.inc.php, primarily in the getAccessibleRecordWhereClause function. This is added to the SQL statement for the ListRecords and ListIdentifiers OAI verbs; you can add your additional conditions there. (If you need an additional join, add it to the getRecordJoinClause function just above.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much for your answers.

Greetings
Yola