Possible to downgrade plugin

I’m running OJS 3.2.1.1 and I would like to know if it’s possible to downgrade a plugin to an earlier version. I’m specifically thinking about the ORCID plugin but this could apply to any plugin.

Hi @Stevel,

You could potentially try manually uploading and installing the zip file of plugin - but this is not always safe (installing plugins via the plugin gallery is safest, but unfortunately does not allow for downgrading plugins to earlier versions).

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @Stevel,

Is there a particular reason you’d like to downgrade the ORCiD plugin – e.g. did something break with a newer release?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, we’re unable to allow access when registering via ORCID. It started happening around the time we last updated the plugin so we wanted to downgrade to see if that was the problem.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi @Stevel,

Can you describe what happens when you try to register via ORCID? Is there anything relevant in the PHP error log?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I can enter my username and password in ORCID, but when the “Allow access” option appears, clicking it just loads forever. There is a timeout in the PHP error logs which the IT team is troubleshooting. They’re still looking into it and are reporting that the connection to ORCID is failing at the TLS handshake.

Steve

Hi @Stevel,

Do you know what version of the ORCiD profile plugin you were using before?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, unfortunately I don’t.

Steve

Hi @Stevel ,

Your description seems to me , that it is a communication error.
Could you please provide more details e.g. sever error for us to have a look.

By the way, I have released version 1.1.2.28 which fixes following issues.

Please install it from the plugin gallery or

and let me know the current status of your issue.