Plugin Rename RSS Feed

Hi. I installed the plugin RSS Feed and would like to change the title , how should I do it ? Since setting within the plugin I see nothing .

Hi @gardbeat,

Do I understand that you want to change the “Current Issue” text? That’s in plugins/generic/webFeed/templates/block.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Right, what I want is to modify the header text block webfeed .

Hi @gardbeat,

To do that, you’ll need to edit plugins/generic/webFeed/templates/block.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

In that part within the line of code? Because I do not see it. Thank you.

The phrase “Current Issue” is translated from the locale key “journal.currentIssue”:

Hi @ctgraham,

I think it is still not quite correct name for this block. Some of our users get confused with this.
So the journal managers expect something like “Web Feed”, “RSS-feed” or “Issues Web Feed” here.

Changing the locale key “journal.currentIssue” is not a solution, since it affects other instances of it.

Yes, customizing the title like that would require creating a new locale key.

May I create an issue for that?

I think a title of “Web Feed” or “RSS Feed” is too generic. “Current Issue Web Feed” may be more descriptive, but seems verbose to me.

You are always welcome to create an issue for more development or UI/UX related discussion, but you may not find much traction for changing this in OJS 2.4.x.

I agree, that “RSS Feed” is too generic. Since there may be a separate RSS feed for announcements, AFAIK.
So I’d propose something like ‘RSS feed (Current Issue)’ and ‘RSS feed (Announcements)’.

Now some users try to open the current issue by clicking those links.

The issue is created:

1 Like