Plugin Issue After upgradation of 3.2.03 to 3.2.1.0

Hi,

We have found issue after up gradation successfully of OJS 3.2.03 to 3.2.1.0. After up gradation want to upgrade the new plugin and it says null and cant updated. Herewith attached some screenshot which found the errorPlugin Plugin 2

Hi all,

There is a small issue with the presentation of some plugin installation error messages. You can correct it by applying this change in lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php.

With this change applied, the error message will provide more guidance on why the plugin can’t be installed or upgraded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher,
After applying the suggested change, the following notification appears.

Could not move plugin to desination!

The plugins fail to upgrade.
Regards

Hi @manimughal,

I suspect you’re probably encountering this problem: Plugin install does not work across filesystems · Issue #6035 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
Can it be solved in the current version of OJS 3.2.1?

Hi @manimughal,

Yes, there is a code change you can make at the link above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Regards

Hi @asmecher,
It is solved now by making additions and deletions in both files.
Regards

Dear @asmecher,

The plugins fail to upgrade.

Hi @asmecher,
I cound’t understand what is the target folder, what the actual edit which can i do
 Which is the exact file i rename and where is the file located

Hi @katharine,

The best way to apply these changes is to use a patch. If you’re not familiar with patches, you can download the updated versions of the files correctly and replace your local copies with them:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
Thanks a lot, now it is working fine. You are really a great techno man!!!

1 Like

Muchas gracias @asmecher, ahora funciona!! Saludos cordiales.
Marcela Maurell

1 Like

Dear @asmecher,

We are getting the following notification while upgrading plugins on our OPS website.

The “exec” PHP function has been disabled on your server. Contact your system adminstrator to enable it.

While the OJS site on the same domain and server is working fine.

Regards,
MANI

I got some error on OAI-PMH validation, Kindly suggest me to fix this issue

Initial validation checks (step 1)

baseURL is https://skyfox.co/ojs/index.php/IJALS/
Validation only
Request logged from 51.161.54.2

Checking Identify response

REQUEST https://skyfox.co/ojs/index.php/IJALS/?verb=Identify GET

WARN Malformed response: mismatched tag at line 16, column 2, byte 1457 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/XML/Parser.pm line 187. . The most common reason for malformed responses is illegal bytes in UTF-8 streams (e.g. the inclusion of Latin1 characters with codes>127 without creating proper UTF-8 mutli-byte sequences). You might find the utf8conditioner, found on the OAI tools page helpful for debugging.

FAIL Failed to parse Identify response

FAIL ABORT: Failed to parse Identify response from server at base URL ‘https://skyfox.co/ojs/index.php/IJALS/’.

The OAI-PMH data provider with base URL https://skyfox.co/ojs/index.php/IJALS/ has failed initial validation. Problems reported must be corrected before validation can continue.

Dear @ asmecher
I got some error on OAI-PMH validation, Kindly help me sort out of this issue.

BASE OAI-PMH Validator

https://skyfox.co/ojs/index.php/IJALS/oai

Validation Results

Repository Information

Name:

[ERROR: Could not fetch Identify response]

Admin:

[ERROR: Could not fetch Identify response]

Server communication

WARNING: Could not determine supported HTTP methods. Falling back to GET.

WARNING: Could not determine OAI-PMH protocol version; assuming 2.0

XML Validation

UNVERIFIED: XML response of Identify could not be validated: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: XML response of ListRecords could not be validated: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Harvesting

UNVERIFIED: Deleting strategy could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: ListRecords batch size could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: Resumption requests could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: Incremental harvesting (day granularity) of ListRecords could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: dc:language conformance to ISO 639 could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: dc:date ISO 8601 conformance could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

UNVERIFIED: Minimal DC elements could not be checked: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Hi @katharine,

I see you’ve also posted this elsewhere – please don’t post the same content multiple times; it clutters the forum.

@manimughal, OJS 3.2.x uses the exec PHP function to run commands on the server to unpack and install plugins. It sounds like your server’s administrator has disabled that function. The system will work, but you won’t be able to unpack/install plugins until the exec function is enabled again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @ asmecher & @manimughal
Dear @ asmecher
Thanks for your concern. The problem is fixed now working fine. Thanks a lot.

REQUEST Open Journal Systems GET

PASS Administrator email address is ‘skyfox@skyfox.org.in’

PASS Correctly reports OAI-PMH protocol version 2.0

PASS baseURL supplied matches the Identify response

PASS Datestamp granularity is ‘seconds’

PASS Extracted earliestDatestamp 2020-07-06T08:00:40Z

PASS oai-identifier description for version 2.0 is being used

PASS namespace-identifier (repositoryIdentifier element) in oai-identifier declaration is ojs2.skyfox.co

1 Like