Plugin Gallery Dont work

Hi, I have this problem.

When I try to install a plugin with plugin gallery and click on install, nothing happend, but when I change the page or upload the page, I received this message

The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.

Some Idea please

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @luismurillo

Do you have FTP access to this instance? You can simple delete this folder.

Also, what plugin did you try to install through gallery and what software (OJS?) and its version you are using?

Thank you.

I cant install any plugin. If i try to install any plugin or aupgrade, i receive the same … nothing

Have you got an access to the folder of the server, where your OJS instance lies (through FTP, for example)?

And can you specify the software that you are using (OJS/OMP?) and version of this software? For example, I’m using OJS 3.1.1-4 and I’ve tried to install Texture plugin from the plugins’ gallery…

Yes I have access to the folder, and the problem is with OJS 3.1.1.4.

when I try to install or upgrade a plugin the page here dont do anything

ojs1

when I change to other pace I got this

ojs2

thanks

This happens only with this plugin or others too?

The most prevalent reason is an absence of the write permissions to the plugins folder for the Apache. On Ubuntu, apache group is usually named as www-data. After plugin installation, it is better to change as it was before (read-only).

If the problem is not in permissions, PHP error log should be checked for possible errors.

how can I change permissions on linux?

If you are using hosting, it depends on your provider. If you are using own server, it depends on linux distribution. For example, for Ubuntu: command line - How do file permissions work? - Ask Ubuntu
But in the second case, you can install plugin manually. This means unpack the archive and place it into the plugins/generic folder: Releases · asmecher/backup · GitHub

I can install manually the plugins, the problem is that i cant use gplugin gallery module to install or tu upgrade.

but thanks

Have you checked permissions for the plugin folder?

yes the plugin folder is 0755, and the plugins 0755 all

thank you

So, 755? 7 for you, 5 for group and 5 for others, right? If the Apache is in your group, it has access to read and execute, but not to wright. It should be 6 or 7 for the group. And this should be applied recursively for the plugins folder. Remember to change it back after the plugin installation.

And as I said, you also can view PHP error log for more details about why installation from the plugin gallery isn’t successful.

those are the last errors, i dont know is this helps

[26-Sep-2018 22:17:21 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:21 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Config::getContextBaseUrls() should not be called statically in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 199
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row) should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/ipao/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 64
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[26-Sep-2018 22:17:22 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Are you logged in as administrator (not editor or journalmanager)?

I logged as adminstrator

Which version of PHP you use?

I have php 7.0.30

I have a VPS hosted in godaddy, there I have 2 OJS aplications each one in diferent cPanel 1) medicinaclinica.org, 2) neurosalutaris.com. The second one is for test.

When I installed OJS in neurosalutaris.com I had the same problem, but I change php.ini to allow_url_fopen = 1 … and the problem in plugin gallery fixs. Neurosalutaris is working well, but I cant solved the problem in medicinaclinica.org.

So , if I understood you well, you have got the same problem in different installations on the same server. in one installation of OJS it works well but in other does not work well?

yes thats right. the problem was the same, but in neurosalutaris.com fix, but in medicinaclinica.org I cant fix it.
the problem was the same, the plugin gallery

I have the same problem. The PlugIn-Gallery ism’t working. I get the same error message: “The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.”. allow_url_fopen is on.

Thanks fo your help!