PLN Plugin - Issues have transferred, however weeks later the process not completed

Hi everyone!

I have enabled the PLN plugin for one journal on our OJS 2.4.8.0 system a few weeks ago. Most of the issues have been deposited successfully, however a few seem to be stuck. They are marked as “Transferred” and “Sent to LOCKSS” but the status field is marked as “Unknown” and the complete field is marked as “No”.

I have reset each stuck issue as well as re-agreeing to the terms and conditions with no luck. The Checked Date continues to update, however it’s been weeks since enabling the plugin. Any ideas on what’s happening?

-E

Hi E,

Could you post the Journal ID of the journal having this issue so we can investigate from our end? Are you seeing this behaviour on other journals or is this the only one whose deposits are not being pushed through?

Mark

Mark,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, this is occurring with multiple journals however not all of them. Here are two journals in particular.

0F57FF46-2AD0-4DB1-BFFA-CDE3AC2A5A38
9AB674DB-2FE8-4238-9239-9924A0B583BC

-E

Are all your journals on the same OJS instance?

Yes, all of the journals are on the same OJS instance.

Any word on what the problem may be?

Thanks,

-E

Hi Mark,

I was curious if you had an update regarding this?

Thanks,

-E

No, nothing definitive, but we are still investigating. It is highly unusual that some of your journals can make deposits while others on the same instance cannot. We haven’t seen anything like this before.

From what we can tell, it looks like the plugin was enabled on some journals and then deactivated. Can you confirm that didn’t happen?

That is correct, at first I enabled the plugin for all of our journals. Once I realized there was a problem with the deposits I started enabling the journals one by one.

OK, thanks. Now that we know that is the case, we’ll have something to go on. What kind of problems did you see before you deactivated the plugin?

The same problem as indicated above. Almost all of the issues would not deposit and the complete field stayed marked as “No”. I was thinking I overloaded the plugin since we have many back issues.

Hi Mark,

Is there anything I can provide that would help diagnose the problem? Do you have any updates?

-E

Hi E,

No update, I’m sorry. We’re in the middle of some staffing changes so diagnosing difficult issues takes longer than expected :smirk: If you have reliable backups of your OJS site, you’ll be OK until we can figure out what’s going on (you do have backups - right :astonished:?)

Yes we have backups of our site, so there is no need to worry about that. It’s been a week since your last message. Do you have any updates on the problem?

-E

Hi Mark,

Do you have an update regarding the issue discussed above? It has been a month since you last wrote and the problem persists.

-E

No, I’m afraid not. The problem is, we don’t have enough information to determine why some of your journals are not able to complete the deposit cycle. We are working on ways of collecting additional information but they won’t be in place until the next release of OJS.

As long as you have backups, the problem is minor since it is not disrupting the operation of your journals.

Hi Mark,

I hope this message finds you well. Do you have an update regarding this issue?

Thanks,

-E