PKP PN Plugin stuck on Pending

We host OJS for several Universities and one of the Universities is trying to get several of the journals to go into the PKP PN network. The PKP PN Plugin is installed and enabled. They checked all the Terms of Use. Three of the journals have Network Status: The PKP PLN does not know about this journal yet with not showing in the Deposits part. One journal also has Network Status: The PKP PLN does not know about this journal yet but has in the Deposit section 2 pending items. They have been that way for the past 2 weeks or so.

I check the scheduledTaskLogs and it show the same thing each day for the journal:
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] https://journals.flvc.org
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] Task process started.
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] PLN Depositor executeActions started
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] Depositor processing for Journal of Veterinary Forensic Sciences.
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] Getting service document.
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] Processing deposit status updates.
[2021-09-12 19:51:27] [Notice] Processing updated content.
[2021-09-12 19:51:28] [Notice] Processing new content.
[2021-09-12 19:51:28] [Notice] Packaging content for deposit.
[2021-09-12 19:51:28] [Notice] Trying package deposit 1 (Issue: 5927) (Local Status: [New], Processing Status: [Unknown], Lockss Status: [Unknown])

So I thought I would reset one of the two to see if anything changes. When I click on “Reset” and click OK, the pop up window stays open and nothing is happening. I look at Firefox’s Web developer tools and when I click on “OK” it shows [HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error 396ms]
The above journal did not have the Enabled LOCKSS box checked under the LOCK and CLOCKSS. I checked it thinking it would finally be picked up last week. When no change in the log as of yesterday, I tried to reset it.
The PKP PN plugin came with the up graded version and I installed it using the Plugin Gallery.

We are running OJS 3.3.0.5.

The URLs of the 3 other journals:
https://journals.flvc.org/sal/
https://journals.flvc.org/civic
https://journals.flvc.org/source/

Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Stephen,

Have you checked your PHP error log to see if there is something present relating to the 500 error you’ve noted above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for answering. I will have to ask our System Admins to look at the PHP error log since I do not have permissions.

Stephen

Here is the error:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘export_deposit_error’ in ‘field list’ in /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare(’\n\t\t\t\tUPDATE pln…’, Array)\n#1 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(485): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(’\n\t\t\t\tUPDATE pln…’)\n#2 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(’\n\t\t\t\tUPDATE pln…’, Array)\n#3 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(’\n\t\t\t\tUPDATE pln…’, Array, Object(Closure))\n#4 /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/fra in /var/www/ojs-3.3.0-5/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671, referer: Login | SOURCE: The Magazine of the University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries

Hi @Stephen,

This suggests that the plugin isn’t correctly installed. How did you install/upgrade the plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I installed via the Plugin Gallery.

Hi @Stephen,

Your database schema doesn’t match the installed version of the plugin; did you have a previous (unreleased) version of the plugin installed? Has the plugin ever been working, i.e. is there any preserved content in the PKP|PN?

If there is no content already preserved, I would suggest cleaning house and installing the plugin again: use the “delete” tool in the OJS plugin list to delete the plugin, then use a database administration tool like phpMyAdmin to remove the PKP|PN related tables (pln_deposit_objects and pln_deposits). Then install the PKP|PN plugin using the Plugin Gallery again. (Before you do all of this, make sure to take a complete backup.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have done what you suggest. Fingers crossed that it starts to work correctly.
Thanks,
Stephen