PKP PN plugin error posible solution

Hi @asmecher
The current version of the PKP PN plugin maybe has a very tiny bug that causes errors to occur where it doesn’t find a field called export_deposit_error:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: export_deposit_error

and

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DB Error: Unknown column ‘export_deposit_error’ in ‘field list’

On fresh installations, the plugin installs the schema without problems, but on upgrades from previous versions it does not update the schema.

I found this, because since I updated to the new version in OJS3.3.0.8 and PKP PN v2.0.4.2 release on 2021-07-28 I have not had any backup news, coincidentally since July 2021.

This was consistent across 15+ journals upgraded from OJS2 to OJS3.3.x

Reading your answer, what I did was add the field to the pnl_deposits table like this:

ALTER TABLE `pln_deposits` ADD `export_deposit_error` VARCHAR(1000) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `date_modified`;

With this, the plugin finished sending error messages and I am waiting for the backups to be made in PKP-PN. (I’m crossing fingers)

Regards.

Hi @dagosalas,

Thanks for sharing. Flagging this for @asmecher’s attention.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @dagosalas,

How did you upgrade the plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
Initially it was an upgrade from OJS2.x to OJS3.3x, and the plugins are all updated from the plugin gallery.
I did it in 15+ journals and all of them were missing that field.
But on fresh installations, it does contain the full schema. No problems there.

Hi @dagosalas,

Do you still have issues with the plugin?

Best,
Jonas

Hi. @jonasraoni !
From the above error no longer, it was just that a field was missing from the table. But what I do have is the following, which I think I see some people in the forum with the same problem:
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 16.47.08

Yeah, the “inProgress” has already been fixed (but not released), but you can definitely ignore it (it means that the deposit has been deposited and is just waiting for a confirmation from the other institutions stating that everybody got the exact same copy).

About the “xml-error”, that’s an error that must be fixed. Please, send me the journal’s URL and I’ll grab more information from our side.

Best,
Jonas

Hi @jonasraoni ,
The journal is https://respyn.uanl.mx
Thanks!

I can confirm that all deposits, except those ones with “xml-error”, have been preserved!

And the bad news is that you’re probably affected by this issue that I found: Investigate if the plugin is responsible for empty issues · Issue #27 · pkp/pln · GitHub :slight_smile:

I created the issue few hours ago, so I didn’t investigate yet, I’ll need some information to know what’s happening.

Best,
Jonas

1 Like

Just confirming that the origin of the latest issue lies here: Fair Copy files not migrated when upgrading from OJS 2 to 3 · Issue #7470 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Any other failure to generate the XML output, might lead to a similar problem.

Best,
Jonas

1 Like