PKP PN behaves strange in version 3.1.2.4

Hi @jonasraoni,

we did create the missing field in the table as you instructed.
However, after a week or so, it seems there are no changes to the deposition process. Everything looks the same as before. Here are the error_log and PKPPN depositor scheduled tasks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peitdbo25brvr22/error_log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6ceioay0pbzkcg/PKPPNDepositorTask-62c09b93b1f79-20220702.log?dl=0.

Thank you very much for your attention to this problem.

Kind regards,

Zoran

Hi!

I still see the error related to the missing database field, see below:

[02-Jul-2022 21:25:10 Europe/Zagreb] ojs2: DB Error: Unknown column 'export_deposit_error' in 'field list'

Which happened exactly when the deposit failed. Was the field added before 2022-07-02? If yes, then Iā€™m puzzled :slight_smile:

Best,
Jonas

Sorry about that. We have a demo database in the system and added the field in this demo database.
Now we created the field for the actual database. I think this should be right.
We will wait for a couple of days and let you know about the results.

Thanks again!

Zoran

1 Like

Hopefully it will work :crossed_fingers:

Also, I advice you to get it updated to OJS 3.3.0, which is a LTS (https://pkp.sfu.ca/2022/02/15/pkp-announces-long-term-support-lts-software-releases/#comments).

Best,
Jonas

Yes, we have thought about it for quite some time. We need some template changes to be done simultaneously with the upgrade so it is a bit of a headache for us.
I think we might do the upgrade during the Christmas holiday at the end of the year.
Kind regards,
Zoran

1 Like

Hi Jonas,

just to inform you that it seems that you solved the issue. Thank you very much once again for your help. One journal shows Processing status as ā€œRecievedā€ for most of the deposits and some of them have been sent to Lockss. However, another journal just shows the local status ā€œPackagedā€ and processing status ā€œUnknownā€. Why is that?

One additional question: I noticed that a large amount of server disk space is consumed these days. Is it related to these packaging?

Kind regards,

Zoran

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, Iā€™ve seen this database issue before and created an issue to handle it here: Database is missing a field Ā· Issue #35 Ā· pkp/pln Ā· GitHub

However, another journal just shows the local status ā€œPackagedā€ and processing status ā€œUnknownā€

I guess it wasnā€™t sent yet, if you share the journal URL, volume and issue number of the deposit, then I can try to check whatā€™s happening.

One additional question: I noticed that a large amount of server disk space is consumed these days. Is it related to these packaging?
Yes! Iā€™ve seen this problem before, but thanks for reminding me. Iā€™ve just created an issue to tackle it here: Decrease the disk space consumption Ā· Issue #40 Ā· pkp/pln Ā· GitHub

The deposit file is kept on the server until the preservation is completed. But in fact, these files could be erased once our server has completed the download.

FYI:

• At this moment, weā€™re having issues with one node in the preservation network, which is delaying the confirmation process (we need all nodes to confirm that theyā€™ve stored your deposit). As soon as itā€™s normalized, the whole process should take just a couple of days.
  • Plugin enhancements, such as the issue above, will likely be applied only to the plugins targeting OJS >= 3.3.0.
  • If disk space is an issue for you, you can erase the ones which are ā€œinProgressā€, just be careful to not erase the wrong files, the deposits are located at the folder {$files_dir}/journals/{$journal_id}/pln.

Best,
Jonas

Hi @zmandic,

I see the deposits of your journal have been preserved, so Iā€™m closing this issue.

Best,
Jonas

1 Like