PHPMailer Class

@asmecher

We are using OJS version 3.1.1.4 from last month we are not receive any email as notification. I found error in error_log file

[26-Oct-2021 10:11:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘PHPMailer’ not found in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/mail/Mail.inc.php:463
Stack trace:

[02-Nov-2021 13:52:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getRemoteURL() on null in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php:260

Please guide what i do?

Regards

Hi @hussainyousaf,

Please note, that the he version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide. In particular, you main find the section on troubleshooting email helpful: Email

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks @rcgillis

Please guide i can upgrade directly from version 3.1.1.4 to 3.3.0-7?

Hi @hussainyousaf

Our new upgrade guide may also be of some help:
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/dev/upgrade-guide/

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @hussainyousaf,

Sorry - I misread your post. Yes - it is possible to directly upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks @rcgillis

My hosting servers detail is attached, please see

But for OJS version requirements are

===================================
=== Open Journal Systems
=== The Public Knowledge Project
=== Version: 3.3.0
=== GIT tag: 3_3_0-8
=== Release date: August 30, 2021
===================================

System Requirements

Recommended server requirements:

• PHP >= 7.3
  • MySQL >= 4.1 or PostgreSQL >= 9.5
  • Apache >= 1.3.2x or >= 2.0.4x or Microsoft IIS 6
  • Operating system: Any OS that supports the above software, including
    Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows

Now please guide how can i upgrade to this version?

@rcgillis

I tried to upgrade to ojs-3.3.0-3 but when i extract .tar.gz for upgrade site was down a when see the error_log file i find these error. Please guide how can i upgrade the core site

[09-Nov-2021 09:47:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getConnection() on null in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php:74
Stack trace:
#0 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php(200): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::connection()
#1 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(65): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::__callStatic(‘raw’, Array)
#2 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/context/ContextDAO.inc.php(63): DAO->retrieve(‘SELECT * FROM j…’, Array)
#3 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(252): ContextDAO->getByPath(‘pjo’)
#4 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php(760): PKPRouter->getContext(Object(Request), 1)
#5 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/classes/core/Request.inc.php(64): PKPRequest->_delegateToRouter(‘getContext’, 1)
#6 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/LazyLoadPlugin.inc.php(102 in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php on line 74
[09-Nov-2021 09:47:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:47:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:47:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:48:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:48:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:48:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:49:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:49:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:49:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[09-Nov-2021 09:49:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesPlugin.inc.php on line 0

Hi @hussainyousaf,

Hmm… I’m not sure about these errors, so I can’t really advise, but I will bring this to the attention of our team members and they will try to advise when they are able to.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Thanks @rcgillis, Dear @asmecher You please advice me in this regard because our many services are stuck in old version and we want to upgrade in new one but after upgrade process i get these errors in error_log file and no upgrade done.

Hi @hussainyousaf

Can you double-check if your database credentials in the config.inc.php are correct?

@Vitaliy

With same database credential my ojs is running perfect and no change in database, but in new version this problem i am facing.

The error message is quite clear about the cause - the application can’t establish a connection with a database.
The latest OJS version is 3.3.0-8, no need to upgrade to the older one. Can you describe the steps you did before running an upgrade?

@Vitaliy

I apply these below steps to upgrade to latest version

Upgrading OJS 3.1.1 to ojs-3.3.0

1. Download the New ojs-3.3.0 package from this link

https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/

1. Upload the downloaded file to server name the folder ojs-3.3.0

2. Copy this file/folder from the previous OJS version (3.1.1.4) to the new version (ojs-3.3.0)

– config.inc.php

– public/

1. Enter your OJS 3.1.1.4 folder find the config.inc.php file. Change installed config in the config.inc.php file

From On to Off

1. Access your OJS site with your browser and find the section that shown CLICK HERE then click the word CLICK HERE

Next you need to confirm to upgrade action by clicking the button

Return the configuration on the config.inc.php file to On again.

Please guide

Did you inspect and set all required settings in the new config.inc.php file? A new version may contain new settings that should be set, may have settings removed or replaced. I usually use a diff tool to compare old and new (template) config file.