PHP warnings on OJS 3.1.1.4

Hello,

I’ve installed OJS 3.1.1.4 on Deb / nGinx / PHP 7.2 platform.
I’m still testing it, but already have noticed that in error.log there are lot of following warnings:

PHP Warning: Declaration of PlagiarismPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php on line 119
PHP Warning: Declaration of PlagiarismPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php on line 119
PHP Warning: Declaration of AllowedUploadsPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/allowedUploads/AllowedUploadsPlugin.inc.php on line 136
PHP Warning: Declaration of HypothesisPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/hypothesis/HypothesisPlugin.inc.php on line 67
PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

This was example of running tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php from CLI, but similar messages are found for all other actions. Does anyone have any suggestion about this? I can provide more information about configuration if needed.
Thanks!

Hi @netko,

Those warnings are cosmetic – PHP has gotten stricter over the years in how it wants code to be written, and we improve our compliance with each release. Direct the warnings to your error log (rather than the browser) by changing your PHP configuration, and they should stay out of your way.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team