PHP Fatal error OJS 3.4

Hi PKP community

I am trying to upgrade from ojs 3.3 to 3.4 and faced with the following problem. How can I solve this problem?

Uncaught Error: Class “AppLocale” not found in
C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\plugins\themes\ojsPlusA\OjsPlusAThemePlugin.inc.php:243\nStack trace:\n#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp
\classes\components\forms\context\PKPThemeForm.php(89): OjsPlusAThemePlugin->init()\n#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp\pages\management
\ManagementHandler.php(201): PKP\components\forms\context\PKPThemeForm->__construct(‘http://localhos.…’, Array, Object(APP\journal\Journal))\n#2
C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp\pages\management\ManagementHandler.php(90): PKP\pages\management\ManagementHandler->website(Array, Object
(APP\core\Request))\n#3 [internal function]: PKP\pages\management\ManagementHandler->settings(Array, Object(APP\core\Request))\n#4 C:\xampp
\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPRouter.php(334): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(APP\core\Request))\n#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\
public_html\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPPageRouter.php(277): PKP\core\PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(APP\core\Request)
, Array, false)\n#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp\classes\core\Dispatcher.php(165): PKP\core\PKPPageRouter->route(Object(APP\core\Request))
\n#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPApplication.php(387): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))\n#8
C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()\n#9 {main}\n thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\plugins\
themes\ojsPlusA\OjsPlusAThemePlugin.inc.php on line 243, referer: http://localhost/public_html/index.php/johah/submissions

Hi @Journal_of_Positive,

Which specific version of 3.3. (e.g. 3.3.0-13) did you upgrade to? and which specific version of 3.4 (e.g. 3.4.0-3)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

Thank you for your reply
3.3.0-13 to 3.4.0-3

Also, I found the problem associated with the journal theme. I use Default, it worked. Do you have any idea about how I can solve it?

Hi @journal,

I see a reference to the ojsPlusA theme - was that the theme you were using? If so, it’s possible (and likely) it was not tested for 3.4 and is causing the error.

-Roger
PKP Team

Yes, it is. The problem is related to it. I will look for anyone who may update the theme. Do you have a suggestion about that? I think to create a topik to look for a person in the forum

Hi @Journal_of_Positive,

See the Release Notebook for 3.4 for details about what’s changed between 3.3 and 3.4.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you, @asmecher
I made some changes according to the new version, but the theme did not work. Therefore I am looking for someone to update the theme for us. do you have any idea about this? It will be good to have an expert on OJS theme

Hi @Journal_of_Positive,

If you are looking to hire somebody to update your theme, you can create a separate post here on the forum outlining what you’re looking for and encouraging people to work with you directly, and those interested can contact you if it is something that they would be interested in working with you on.

-Roger
PKP Team

@Journal_of_Positive
I see you’ve done just that - hope you find somebody to work with you on it to your satisfaction.

Yes, I did. Thank you, @rcgillis and @asmecher

Regarding the

Uncaught Error: Class “AppLocale” not found

this OJS 3.4 compatibility issue could be helpful

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.