PHP error when upgrading to 3.1.2.0

Hi, I am using Softaculous to update OJS - I had no problems before, but now when I try to update to 3.1.2.0 I get error “Required PHP version greater than equal to 7.0.0 AND found version is : 5.6.35”, but when I check PHP selector I see that 7.0 is selected. Don’t know what to do…

1 Like

well i try lot because i face some problem like that

I have the same problem. How is it done to update?

Any answer to this? It has been almost a month…

Hi @filipi,

I suspect your server has several versions of PHP, and it’s running OJS with the older version. Check your phpinfo output by creating a test script and ensure that it reports PHP7 or newer.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher , I ran the check and it says: Current PHP version: 7.0.29

Hi @filipi,

I’m not sure what Softalicious does for its upgrade process – you might have to inquire with them – but if it launches a PHP process using the command-line binary, it’s likely referring to the wrong one (i.e. a PHP 5.x binary instead of the PHP 7.x binary that your web server is configured to use).

There’s really nothing in the OJS codebase (including its upgrade scripts) that would get this wrong – I’m quite sure that your server is trying to run the upgrade with PHP 5.x, for whatever reason. I have seen servers with several versions of PHP present, i.e. one that the web server runs, and another for the command line in /usr/bin/php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team