Php code to only show 10 articles on the home page

Hello, very good day for all, my name is Aldair Morales Cuellar and I am from Colombia.

I am using OJS to administer magazines from my university, but I only wish on the homepage (index.php) to show only 10 articles, only 10 entries on my homepage. How can I do that, thanks?

This is the link of the magazine http://amazoniainvestiga.info/index.php/amazonia

I just want you to see 10 scientific articles on the main page

I’m using Open Journal Systems 3.1.1.2

Hi @IngMorales,

Unfortunately this feature isn’t available by default. You can achieve this goal by implementing a child theme. Are you familiar with PHP?

1 Like

Hello @Vitaliy , if I am really familiar with PHP, I want to know in what file inside the ojs file package I can make the magazine show me only the first 10 entries.

Hi @asmecher

Can you help me?
Captura%20de%20pantalla%20(177)

I do not know where to put the code to be able to show only 10 articles.

Hi @IngMorales,

This theme plugin does it: GitHub - Vitaliy-1/oldGregg: Theme for OJS 3 with Bootstrap 4
You might look there for some inspiration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Is this theme part of the official theme? I do not see it on the OJS demo page.

Is there a page that lists all the plugin and theme available for OJS 3.1?

Thanks

Hi @newone,

The Plugin Gallery is the best place to get plugins, including themes, but not all themes are included there. OldGregg is a third-party theme, not an official one. You probably won’t want to use it directly unless you’re publishing using XML, as I believe a lot of its implementation is concerned with XML-based publication.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team