Permissions Errors

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
User with Journal Manager role, when viewing the main submissions list for a journal receives modal titled “Error” with the text, “You are not authorized to access the requested resource.”

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
Attempted to view the submission list as a logged in user with journal manager role.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
Cried, sobbing in the corner of my office. … then checked permissions on files and validated the roles of the user, expired all user sessions … problem seemed like it was gone… but user just reported it again. Considered ending the “user” process, but decided the cleanup would be too messy (kidding here, obvs).

Application Version: OJS 3.3.0-6

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
MicrosoftTeams-image (1)

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. would be thankful if solution is shared.
thanks

I’m not 100% convinced that this is something that is fixed completely, but for the admin user… I added it as a journal manager… and that ‘fixed’ the error… for that user… for the time being… I’m not convinced it will fix for others though…

A user with an OJS 3.3.0-7-based journal website on our journal platform has the exact same problem. The permission errors occur at seemingly random, inconsistent moments: sometimes the journal manager is able to upload a Galley for a submission, sometimes he receives a ‘not authorized’-error when trying to upload a Galley.

I have created a new user account for this user with the same permissions (Journal Manager, Journale Editor, etc.), but to no avail: the same errors keep occuring. However, I am not able to reproduce these errors when using this same new user account on my own web browser. This leads me to assume that the problem is not related to the user account and not to the journal website itself, but maybe to the web browser this journal manager uses. This journal manager uses Microsoft Edge. It might help him to go to Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Manage and delete cookies and site data > See all cookies and site data > type in website name via ‘Search cookies’ > Click on the website in the list > delete all cookies and other data.

I will now ask this journal manager to delete the cookies for the journal website. This might resolve the issue. I will let you know if this has helped or not.