I’d like to ask whether OJS saves any page number information with the session ID on server side, because we run into some interesting behaviour when PDF.js is involved.
Imagine the following situation:
- User opens article PDF file and scrolls to page 3.
- User clicks the back button or any link on the site to navigate to another article PDF.
- expected behaviour: The other article is opened on page 1.
actual behaviour:The other article is opened on page 3.
- From this point, new PDFs are always opened with the page number on which the previous PDF view was left, even if the user scrolls.
- If the new PDF doesn’t have enough pages, it is opend on the first page, but the PDF file opened after that is still opened with the page number on which the previous PDF view was left.
I understand this could mainly be an issue with pdf.js and not OJS itself, but since the page number seems to be kept for the whole session, I thought it might be saved with the session info. I’m not seeing an additional pdf.js cookie, though.