Paypal 'Purchase' button does not work

Please help me. I am working on Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) /OJS 3.1.1.4.

I’m trying to establish a Payment link for Journal’s Subscriptions. I set up the Paypal account as per OJS instructions but once I click the Payment button it opens into a page mentioning “This page isn’t working”.

I tried installing composer (I read in one of threads that it solves the issue) but I get following error: Screenshot%20from%202020-03-05%2012-04-59

My error log files: [Thu Mar 05 12:36:31.908940 2020] [:error] [pid 2967] [client 129.206.107.206:49568] PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventSubscriberInterface’ not found in /var/www/html/journal/ojs-3.1.1-4/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/guzzle/guzzle/src/Guzzle/Http/RedirectPlugin.php on line 19, referer: http://129.206.107.206/journal/ojs-3.1.1-4/index.php/COMPARE/user/subscriptions

Also no Email notifications are received to the subscriber. No payment link emailed, no new subscription email received… no emails being sent… Don’t if this is relevant but anyway, seems it is another issue to solve after payment issue.

Thank you so much

Hi @Altaf_Bankotkar,

I think Composer is unable to create the files it needs to create in the path shown in red because of file permissions. Make sure your file permissions allow Composer to create files there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your quick reply. It says “No such file or directory”
This is the command I used to give permission: sudo chmod a+rwx /var/www/html/journal/ojs-3.1.1-4/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher

Hi @Altaf_Bankotkar,

Composer is trying to create that directory – it does not currently exist – but is not allowed. This aspect is more of a Composer/file permissions question than an OJS question; I’d suggest checking Stackoverflow for details: https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=composer+“does+not+exist+and+could+not+be+created”

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey… Thank you so much. This was suggested on stackoverflow:
sudo composer update

A merely change of keyword. And it works!!!
Thanks

1 Like